Why is this movie so good?

Why is this movie so good?

Attached: https___s3-images.ladbible.com_s3_content_ca039987611b093466b4bc2c691d4633.jpg (720x404, 24.73K)

Its a fun movie to watch. It was pre Nolan "every thing has to be dark and serious to be good"+

It's an entertaining adventure that doesn't take itself too seriously.

It doesn't age well. This is like thinking you still like System of a Down.

honestly have no fucking idea. the director's only 2 claims to fame are the 2 mummy movies. it just was just at the right place at the right time. big budget hollywood movies were just coming to a head where they were still enjoyable and suspenseful without being overly campy and annoying. CGI was still a new thing in movies and was only used tastefully when needed. benny was a great side antagonist. god there's just so much good about this movie.

>White male protagonist saves damsel in distress from an evil monster

What's not to love about this movie? Goodluck doing something like this today!

Pitch Black's cgi looks extremely dated now, but it's still awesome.

Attached: pitch black 2000.jpg (554x800, 158.82K)

cringe post
soad always sucked
mummy will always be good

The Mummy and SOAD are both still great.

>White male protagonist saves jewess from German monster man with the help of an anglo and a jew dressed as an arab

Yet she saves his ass at the beginning of the movie.

Good screenplay I think, very tightly written and well paced. Off the top of my head I can't think of a scene that wastes time or goes nowhere.

>fight through the great war
>all your comradesc dead
>retire to Egypt
>rotting of boredom and booze
>all you want to do is see your friends again
>get offered whats essentially a suicide mission
>enthusiastically jump at the chance
>this is the best time you've had since forever
>finally get to meet your old friends again

Winston was the real MvP.

Attached: images (4).jpg (300x132, 9.31K)

Better than Raiders.

Literally Indiana Jones

Just a good, wholesome, fun adventure movie, the mummy returns was great for it too. A perfect blend of horror, action, adventure and comedy.

first half is 10/10 but I find second half is too action packed, feels mind numbing

HEY MCDONALD'S

Attached: Benny.png (153x206, 47.07K)

The reason is because it leans heavily into the old adventure tropes without letting political correctness get in the way.
It's weird because all these character archetypes had existed long before The Mummy and is found everywhere in adventure stories and radio dramas yet rarely do you see them all portrayed perfectly in one movie. Also Indiana Jones has nothing on The Mummy. The Mummy belongs in the Jurassic Park tier (another movie with perfectly portrayed stereotypical character archetypes) and maybe the first Pirates of the Caribbean tier.
As I said these character archetypes and plots of this quality are abundant in novels (most of Crichton's work could reach Jurassic Park in terms of cinematic quality), but it always stumbles somewhere.

*blocks ur path*

Attached: 4B6951C3-D097-4FAE-AEA2-A78FFD4C0354.jpg (1536x864, 185.11K)

Nobody liked SOAD when they were new.

Brendan Frasier was a classic hero guy that America loves and Hollywhores were loathe to be forced to have