"You know, every frame of this movie looks like someone's last known photograph."

"You know, every frame of this movie looks like someone's last known photograph."

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 135.65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7L5bv2mS6lI?t=1800
youtube.com/watch?v=3OuL5vwC-Us
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Would this episode have been better with Mike at the helm?

Recon me some good ep's bros

Not the shitty reddit ones that everybody's seen

That’s a great line.

They’ve redone it on rifftrax, so you can see for yourself. I think it’s on prime? There’s a handful of rifftrax on there and I can’t remember if that’s one of them or not

>How do I into MST3K?

If you're just into MST3K you should generally stay away from the B&W genre films, Japanese monstershit and older films and aim for more modern color fare. Also, don't trust anyone who tells you to watch Manos: The Hands of Fate first. It's a meme and a mediocre episode. The following list are some of the best MST3K episodes for newfags as they have good riffing and are generally paired with somewhat modern movies.

user's Top 10 Episodes for Noobs (by quality riffing + watchability)
>1 S08E20 Space Mutiny - BSG ripoff spaceshit
>2 S08E21 Time Chasers - BTTF ripoff using a Cesna plane timeshit
>3 S09E10 The Final Sacrifice - lost Leafland civilization fantasyshit
>4 S09E03 The Pumaman - worst ever capeshit.
>5 S07E03 Deathstalker and the Warriors from Hell - sword & sorcery fantasyshit
>6 S00E00 Mr. B's Lost Shorts - 60's Peter Pan ripoff shit full of gay and molestation jokes, several other infamous shorts
>7 S08E12 The Incredibly Strange Creatures - zombieshit
>8 S08E16 Prince of Space - japanese monstershit
>9 S08E13 Jack Frost - russo-finnish fairyshit
>10 S08E14 Riding with Death - 1970's jive turkeyshit

Attached: 1640815264772.png (720x540, 404.95K)

It really is.

No. Mike was a writer at that time and it was still a meh episode. The reason people shill Manos is because they misunderstood the cast's hatred of the episode. It's a terrible movie and it was painful for them to do because when creating MST3K they literally have to watch shit films over and over to script the riffs. They particularly hated Manos. They weren't trying to endorse the episode as one of their best or say that the riffing is good, but that's the message the fans took. Manos is objectively not a bad episode. There are worse. But it's not particularly great either.

All Mike. I see you're a man of fine taste, user.

Based user

Attached: 4AA6D252-7128-4BA7-871C-3EC9F08750C9.jpg (640x480, 34.06K)

Seconding Pima Man. It's the episode I break normies with

The general consensus is that Mike was the better host, although there are some diehard Joel fans out there.
For Mike prince of Space is good, Space Mutiny is also a classic, as well as Time Chasers, and The Final Sacrifice.
For Joel, you might start with Santa vs the Martians, Pod People, or Red Zone Cuba.
MST3K The Movie was made between the two eras, so it still has the original voice of Crow the robot and Dr Forester plays the mad scientist villain. That might be a good place to start actually

>Vadinho: Put it on!
>Pumaman: Then what?
>Vadinho: Jump!
>Pumaman: I'll be killed!
>Vadinho: Put it on!
>Crow:...and then get killed!
youtu.be/7L5bv2mS6lI?t=1800

Attached: 1629854607657.png (1009x648, 350.07K)

Vadino...are you a kind of onion?

>IM A WOOD SPRITE

Attached: 1629910275903.png (720x540, 414.42K)

>people really do this instead of watching shit with friends who are 10x funnier
sometimes I forget comedy is a talent and not a default
get better friends user

KILL AN OLD MAN
SINGE ALL HIS FLESH OFF

What are you even babbling about, retard? Nobody is "doing" anything except posting about a show we like and that you clearly don't.

Good list. One of my personal favorites is also that "LEAVE THE BRONX" episode, but I don't remember what the movie was called

>Space Mutiny is also a classic
The Rifftrax Live for Space Mutiny is just as good- possibly even better -than the original and it's entirely different riffs plus footage that they couldn't include in the broadcast version. The short that they do before the film is also really good. I was shocked because usually Rifftrax are ok but kinda meh and the live ones are even more meh but this one is pretty great.

It may still be free to stream on amazon prime. I recommend it.

youtube.com/watch?v=3OuL5vwC-Us

Attached: 1621135352523.jpg (2560x1931, 301.53K)

for me, its the rifftrax of roadhouse and the twilight series

Rifftrax Fun in Balloonland is the peak of their art
(special mention to Miami Connection)

Attached: 1648005270046.png (1920x1080, 792.7K)

daily reminder that Torgo was frying balls on LSD during the filming and commited suicide in 1966 before the film was released

>Rifftrax
wish they'd do more modern features

The master did not approve

>mfw A Talking Cat

Attached: 1648005604730.gif (229x176, 987.04K)

Switch:
Incredible strange zombies with invasion of Neptune men,
Deathstalker with overdrawn at the memory bank, and
Jack frost with agent for harm

And that would be puro kino. Honorable mention to gorgo and touch of Satan

I thought he was a heroin addict, not LSD

>gets a heavy massage from a harem of affordable extras and then runs off into the night with his hands aflame, never to be seen again
Torgo had a hard life

>roberts slurring his lines the entire movie

Attached: goggd.png (272x315, 206.06K)

Those are kino, epis. Don't get me wrong. I was just thinking really carefully about what a newcomer might be into. There are tons more kino episode that I haven't even started trying to rank.

Other Great / Watchable Experiments for Noobs (by air date & subcategorized)
60's Counterculture:
>S10E02 Girl in Gold Boots - go-go dancer shit
>S02E02 Sidehackers - a shitty biker crime film starring Ross Hagen
>S02E09 The Hellcats - another shitty biker crime film starring Ross Hagen
Robert Z'dar kino:
>S10E01 Soultaker - also starring an Estevez
>S10E04 Future War - Dinosaurs attack LA looking for a cyborg. 'nuff said.
Recognizable Actors:
>S04E03 City Limits - post-apoc film starring Kim Cattrall, Raydon Chong and Darth Vader
>S03E22 Master Ninja - failed TV pilot featuring Demi Moore
>S03E24 Master Ninja II - might as well watch the other one
>S05E01 Warrior of the Lost World - Mad Max meets Knight Rider starring that bald girl from Star Trek TMP
>S05E16 Alien from L.A. - lost civilization fantasyshit starring Kathy Ireland
>S05E19 Outlaw of Gor - sword & sorcery fantasyshit starring Jack Palance
>S06E08 Code Name Diamond Head - Ian McShane (Deadwood and Game of Thrones), also a really good short at the start
>S08E22 Overdrawn at the Memory Bank - proto-Matrix PBS sci-fi starring Raul Julia
>S09E04 Werewolf - you will recognize several actors from... somewhere.
>S10E03 Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders - spoopy stories starring Ernest Borgnine
Tier II - Netflixshit:
>Star Crash - not because the Netflix series is good (it's not). More because the film is must-see hot garbage and Rifftrax hasn't done it.
Tier II - Rifftraxshit:
>Battlefield Earth - same reason as above. it's a must-see terrible movie. riffing is good, but it's an early Rifftrax
>Space Mutiny (Rifftrax Live) - really good short before the movie and the movie itself has extended scenes not included in the MST3K version.

Attached: 1619508869035.png (720x540, 326.66K)