I just watched Annihilation. It was an enjoyable watch, but I don't think it's good enough to become a "classic"...

I just watched Annihilation. It was an enjoyable watch, but I don't think it's good enough to become a "classic". The premise was interesting and there were some nice visuals but the story was weak. I think the non-linear story elements were not handled very well as they just seemed to be thrown in rather than actually adding to the feeling of disorientation or pacing and I don't know what the random sex scene where she cheats on her husband had to do with anything at all. I think I would have preferred a more pessimistic ending where destroying the thing in the lighthouse didn't just fix everything.

Overall it feels like a movie where the visuals came first and then they tried to form a story around them. I understand it's adapted from a book but I haven't read it so I don't know how much was changed.

What did you think?

Attached: annihilation.jpg (426x597, 112.45K)

>All women cast
>Muh BBC
Nope.

>and I don't know what the random sex scene where she cheats on her husband had to do with anything at all
The film's central motif is self-destruction/transformation. Cheating was Lena's act of self-destruction. You must be some kind of retard. Anyway, it's kino.

>Pool
>Bear
>Cool as fuck ending, both visuals and music

Other than that it's a decent watch, but not very memorable. Not a classic no

It's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than a netflix shill to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Visually it was really cool, and there were some genuinely unsettling moments throughout, but the characters were entirely thin and one dimensional. I swear the only defining trait I remember about any of the women is that of them had cancer. That was her “personality”.

Just watch Stalker, similar idea but executed far better.

>shit tier dialogue
>shit tier characters
>shiet tier pace
ex machina is the superior sci fi kino

It wasn’t bad but I heard it was kino only to be let down with another somewhat conceptually creative but ultimately meh sci-fi movie. Same with Arrival. People (Reddit) need to stop hyping shit like it’s the greatest film in cinema history just because it made your brain hurt

What? You need to spend some time off the net man, you're brain is rotten.
Visually cool movie with a mediocre story and unmemorable characters.

You should read the book. Way more interesting and it spoonfeeds you the themes in the movie. Dont bother with the sequels because they are gay

its just a shit version of Roadside picnic, which they should have made instead.

A prequel that showed the guys going in would be better. Women are emotional and dumb they might as well have sent in a team of children or dogs.

nigger

>where destroying the thing in the lighthouse didn't just fix everything.
It didn't. The change escaped the zone
>random sex scene where she cheats on her husband
That was just hollywood forcing an interracial cucking scene.

Articulate. You're really close to creating a coherent thought. You've found a noun.

this thread is entirely shills besides you & I and that guy who posted nigger

>t. filtered by Saul "THE BUSSY SLAYER" Evans

In the Netflix era, it IS a classic. The characters have singular qualities and that is kind of the point. Had those characterizations been handled more deftly the film would probably be a masterpiece. As it, I'd say it's got enough heart to be considered a classic, especially in the days of Capeshit.

I actually couldn't finish the book because of that but I'm dying to know the conclusion

>Just watch Stalker, similar idea but executed far better.

Annihilation should have just been called Stalker 2.

>I don't know what the random sex scene where she cheats on her husband had to do with anything at all.
Try actually watching the movie next time zoomer, put down your phone for a couple of hours