Literally completely erased from memory and forgotten by everyone after the release

> Literally completely erased from memory and forgotten by everyone after the release.

Attached: matrix4.jpg (286x176, 9.57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t7cJE9sizNM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>butthurt director crashes their own franchise (with no survivors) out of spite following a spat with the studios
This shit should have stayed an argument in an office somewhere, not turned into a multi-million dollar movie and released to theaters

It and Rise of Skywalker should date.

QRD?

How did this get so little hype behind it?
Is it just that people instinctively knew it would be shit?

It was relentlessly spammed by trannies for a few weeks in an attempt to make Any Forums accept trannies before they realized the movie had bombed and moved on to spamming Euphoria.

There was a week where tranny shills pretended it was a masterpiece
>it’s shit on purpose
>it’s self aware so all criticism is moot

Warner Bros basically told the Wachowskis "You need to do our Matrix rermake, and if you don't then we'll get someone else to do it". The one who ended up directing it just figured that it'd be better to send the franchise down in a self-aware blaze rather than have it be strung into a series of heartless soft-reboots.

This. Or make a movie about how they're trying to make Matrix 4 and show that it just doesn't make any sense.

Overshadowed by Spider-Man, WB knew they had a giant turd and buried it.

So the movie spent time saying it was a dumb movie?

Kind of. It's 60% self-aware commentary on why remaking the Matrix is a shit idea, and the remaining 40% is incredibly passionless arbitrary action so the studios are kept happy.

Fucking based.

Which is better? Face-Zucker-suck, or Wiki Piss-and-Shit?

Same with Greg Lansky's new Sopranos movie. Like it never happened

It was shit but at least it made me feel something unlike Spiderman's soulless movie.

Huh. Glad I skipped. To me there's just the original. The sequel was ok, but the third one ruined that and was incredibly boring, so boring they managed to make the end scene boring too with all the boo-lits.

Yeah it's unbelievably self-referential
youtube.com/watch?v=t7cJE9sizNM
1:38 in particular

Wow. Talk about not giving a shit.

Spider-man was sooooo bad. I remember people crying for oscars about it. The only thing good was the triple spider fight because I can really appreciate the complexity in making the choreography for 3 heroes work, and what's better is 3 Spider-men, but damn... It wasn't even that good because a few of the baddies didn't show up for the fight just because no reason.

The dialogue was shit. Strange can't make a spell without breaking multiple universes? It was a simple memory spell. How is that even close to affecting multiverses? Fucking stupid movie. The had a bit of a good idea but the execution failed 100% completely and killed half the hope I had for Dr Strange 2 when I also took into account all of the other MCU SSSSHHHHHIIIIITTTTT that has come out lately. How hard is it for anyone to come up with a competent reason why and how Strange and Spidey can break the Universe. It's piss easy. Why did everyone just appear? They could have made it seem rational like it was related somehow to something/s Peter did recently or Strange did recently or what they were thinking or an "oops we appeared over here in these universes at this time but it's like we're trying to thread a needle through two tiny holes on a record while it is playing on the player and we ended up dragging stuff back with us because of string entanglement."

Duuuuuuuuuumb as shit movie. It's magic-made-up-outta-someone's-ass but it still has to have adhesion to believability, even if the audience doesn't know that they need it shown to them.

The failure of Matrix 4 and the aftermath of it flopping will always be incredibly funny to me. Everyone in every pretentious film corner of the internet was rooting for some sort of return of the cool blockbuster. People suddenly has a fake appreciation for 2 and 3, comparing shots to the MCU, saying how cinema will finally return to interesting looking blockbusters when Resurrections finally comes out. Add on top of that critics desperately wanting to own the chuds by praising the work of a tranny director.

It comes out and it's complete ass. There is immediate coping with everyone saying it was meta or that it's bad on purpose. Suddenly the Matrix franchise was an intricate love story and Trinity was definitely the One all along. After people weren't buying that, they had nothing. The movie looks like absolute dog shit. The dialogue is completely unmemorable. There was nothing salvageable at all. Critics just memory holed it and hoped no one would bring it up again.

It's a masterpiece

still is

cope and sneed, 2deep4u
2deep4u

the matrix is the deepest and most esoteric and meta and philosophical movie franchise of all time

matrix 4 is the perfect companion piece to a perfect trilogy

cope and sneed and touch grass

I enjoyed it. I would watch another one if they made it.

Oh look it's the "filtered" poster from the 2 week period after matrix 4 came out

Remember when butthurt critics tried to turn this into a The Last Jedi situation

Attached: tlj.png (652x411, 33.81K)

I really liked that movie. After watching a first time, I watched the first three, then this one again. This allowed me to catch some little things I didn't get on the first watch. But now if I ever want to watch a Matrix movie, and I will, it will be the first.
Resurrections was right once more, saying it's like all franchise movies today, only a consumable, one use then throw it away and never think about it again.
Really I don't even remember how the movie told me that, I just had this feeling at the end of my rewatch.

lol

Attached: larrywachowski.png (1003x837, 1.62M)

>i-it's a good movie, just not a good MATRIX movie

Attached: matrixcope.png (595x342, 37.52K)

>>butthurt director crashes their own franchise (with no survivors) out of spite following a spat with the studios
Highly based

This was the worst movie I've ever seen.

I rewatched it this morning.
Great movie, but we won't be ready for a proper conversation about it for like 5-10 years so I'm biden my time.

Just as Lana intended.

based as fuck, if only more film makers had the balls to pull that shit off.

The best thing to happen about the star wars sequels and matrix 4 was that the curtain was fully pulled and everyone saw the who the critics really are. There was a time when critics were not there to market films, but were there to just provide newspaper content. It also creates a situation where people can come out and shit on something so hard that the whole facade crumbles and that was a glorious thing with this god awful matrix crap.

Lana even say it in the movie.

Attached: Fuck you.jpg (1000x425, 96.29K)

>there was a week when
There was a week when it was simultaneously released in theaters and on streaming services, and leaked online about 10 minutes later, where all of Any Forums watched it and talked about, then moved on. There is no second wave of discussion about it because it was available online right away so everyone who wanted to watch it, watched it. please learn how this board works before you reeeeeee about your schizo Any Forums shit

The action sucked and Nu Morpheus sucked but I enjoyed "I'm not taking my pills Neo", "psychiatrists are just matrix enablers" and Merv.

WB said we're making another sequel whether you're onboard or not, so trannyfreak agrees but puts a scene in it where the characters say they were forced to be there by the (game) studio. Since the studio doesn't have editorial control of the film, it stayed in as big FU.

>IT WAS BAD ON PURPOSE SO THAT MAKES IT GOOD

Attached: mikestoklasa.jpg (1280x720, 103.31K)

Do you like the Merovingian??? It was one of the most cringe moments I remember.

Ah, so you're one of the tranny spammers. How many pics of Hunter Schafer do you have saved?