Still the best political show ever made...

Still the best political show ever made. The fact it's a comedy doesn't change that it's the most accurate portrayal of politics ever put on TV.

Attached: file.png (1600x1200, 2.12M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oXh4T-ShaL0
youtube.com/watch?v=cbLm--0Iudo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>The Thick of It
Can’t believe they got away with naming a show after my dick, but there you go

Let's do away with computers

It was 10/10 at the time.

That scene is painfully real. When I was younger I found it all funny, but now it's my fucking life.

Yes and ho!

>yelling and cursing = funny
do bongs really

Yes and ho!

Upon finding themselves too stupid to critique the show, brainlets instead focus on the language.

unironically yes
If you so much as look at someone wrong you get written to HR so seeing someone get screamed at with expletives is cathartic af

Nothing tops Yes Minister

Except The Thick of It.

Favourite characters? For me its Glen and Steve Flemming

>the original cunny poster

Attached: rip.jpg (250x349, 31.37K)

The dialogue is the surface level. The part that's funniest is the situations and how realistic they are. Almost nothing that was written in The Thick of It hasn't happend in real life since it was written. It predicted a scary amount of real life stories.

veep was better until it was way worse

is this related to In The Loop (2009)?

>le loudy sweary blairite show
funny at the time but aged poorly

>Loved TTOI when I was younger
>End up getting a job in the Civil Service in Whitehall
>Turns out the show is totally accurate in every way except the swearing

in the loop is non canon and all the characters but Malcolm are jumbled up with the same cast
Its weird

Yes Prime Minister

The Fucker
youtube.com/watch?v=oXh4T-ShaL0

'member the deficit?

>You're about as much use as a marzipan dildo.

Cummings was an idiot but it truly was a shame he didn't make all you parasites unemployed

/thread

The problem with the civil service is it's about 30% great people propping up 70% wet lefty wastes of space that mostly work in policy. Most of the people I know in it are really talented but dragged down by the system. The national security establishment is mostly civil servants but does good things, but are lumped in with shite like DWP.

I work in the city, but I've met so many fucking people like this.

youtube.com/watch?v=cbLm--0Iudo

Here we go another thread full of raging muttmericans because tv comedy is not fart jokes and bbc prison rapes

>national security establishment
>does good things
The key problem with Cummings' scheme to make the civil service more heckin efficient was that its incompetence means that all the gay shit that everyone wants to bring out either gets delayed, scrapped or implemented but in reality is practically unworkable.

>mfw reading the reports of downing street staffers breaking the slide in the no10 garden during one of the lockdown parties and all I can think of is the retreat episode where they hear of the death of Mr Tickle and are trying to get a phone signal

Attached: 1709_orson_welles.jpg (1200x889, 192.24K)

It's so fucking good, bros. As a burger I got introduced through In the Loop but I wish we had anything as good about our politics. John Adams and The Wire are pretty great about the political ends but can't really compare from a premise standpoint.