Oppenheimer

Hey History bros. Was the Manhattan Project actually interesting besides the nuke blowing up?Any juicy drama in the team that Nolan will focus on?

Attached: cillian-murphy-oppenheimer-social.jpg (1400x700, 144.89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PBXB0flQWmk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Listened to a podcast on it, it sounded super interesting and fun

he become death the destoryer if worlds??? did dher mnena by this

The bad goys won ww2

Yes, lots of jews and/or commies inside the project

>I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds
Unironically wtf did Nolan mean by this statement, is it grammatically incorrect on purpose?

The entire story is very interesting, especially how the Americans and British managed to keep the whole thing under wraps. They built secret towns, sent spies into Germany to steal research, shit like that. And Oppenheimer himself is an intriguing figure.

>juicy drama
Not likely and not really Nolan's style
It'll probably be meditative and contemplative with astonishing imagery

He becomes...le death

Probably a whole lot of drama yes. I read an article about the German team who were working on nuclear projects before being captured/surrendering to England

They put them in a manor together as POWs and put recording devices in every room. There was so much infighting between them about focusing on bombs/weapons vs nuclear power, and having certain people hold them back or defect to work for the US

Once the bombs were dropped they didn't even believe it at first because they had thought it impossible in the timeframe, and stated that they would have never worked on a bomb even if asked because it was too terrible

Something like a quarter of the team were literal spies and gave all the data on the bomb to the Soviets, that's how the Soviets were able to catch up so fast.

Einstein was considered for the project early on but the brass quickly concluded that he couldn't keep a secret and would compromise the project.
Quite shocking considering they had actual spies for the soviets on the team but they considered Einstein to be compromised lol. So much for the Uber Mench jew bros.

Attached: 1647939592912.gif (498x280, 3.2M)

Imagine creating the nuke and then quoting some shitty quote to be as peak reddit as poaaible. He should have just owned that shit instead of trying to be remorseful
>Oh nooo I created a weapon that has the potential to kill everything on the planet, I am.... Le sad!!!!

Will they show the demon core and screwdriver incident

i liked the part about making a whole network of raw materials supply and manufacture from factories across the entire US

imagine Nolan not doing a nuclear explosion scene

they better include this cute little guy

Attached: core-chan.gif (480x480, 65.53K)

What's that blue flash of light? L-lads?

Attached: 1647846043694.png (798x697, 320.1K)

>ywn look into a nuclear core and become a walking, moving corpse

youtube.com/watch?v=PBXB0flQWmk

Attached: ZMQg7xN[1].png (3341x1913, 3.58M)

dr manhattan

You seem confused, Japan and Germany lost

BRAAAAAP

>Was the Manhattan Project actually interesting besides the nuke blowing up?
I suspect yes, but given that Nolan isn't interested in people I don't know that it will be interesting in the film. I suspect it will be overly technical with a few "character" moments that don't really cohere together

Any of you fellas know a good book on the subject?

only drama is that POC actually worked on the project. Not just all white people