Any Forums hates it

>Any Forums hates it
>it's kino

Every fucking time

Attached: MV5BOTdmNTFjNDEtNzg0My00ZjkxLTg1ZDAtZTdkMDc2ZmFiNWQ1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAzNzgwNTg@._V1_.jpg (1293x2048, 177.04K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wwBWZYZsWD8
youtu.be/fp7mdSMNQB0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This place is Any Forums-film edition. You think anyone here watches anything?

there's something wonderfully freudian in the way that american critics unanimously praise a completely unremarkable and forgettable war film whose only noteworthy feature is something that cannot be said about their penises; that is, it's (made to seem) uncut. the repressed sexual content distorts every brief line of dialogue into a double entendre ("might be a tight squeeze" and whatnot) and returns in various details: the world war setting as a major shock to traditional ideas of masculinity, the immediate association of the injured hand with the inability to pleasure oneself (note the ensuing temporary blindness just a few moments later, evoking the myth of excessive masturbation leading to the loss of sight), the promising light at the end of the shaft, the damaged tips of artillery cannons and other phallic objects, etc. it all points in a direction that the eventual best picture win will only confirm -- this film is at once a wish-fulfillment fantasy for an uncirscumsized male organ as well as an elaborately constructed eulogy, mourning the unnecessary loss of millions of foreskins.

Attached: 1642864191087.jpg (1080x899, 149.08K)

for every 50 Any Forums-tier threads there's the odd good one and that's including our /film/

Rent free yuropoor

Middlebrow boomer bait. My dad said it was great, but he didn't even notice it was all one take.

but it's so boring

>coming to Any Forums for 100% on topic discussions closely moderated by trannyjannies
Go to literally any other online forum then.

no one outside batman/ nolan fanboys hate it

it's dishonest

The Swiss army made a parody of it
youtu.be/wwBWZYZsWD8

It was fine, didn't hate it but I didn't like how it felt like a video game at times. I got excited, but not nervous or scared for the MC when he placed himself in perilous situations—instead I was merely thinking of strategy, what I would do if I was holding a game peripheral etc. The nonending steadicam shots only enhanced this effect. IDK about you guys but I don't want WWI to feel like a video game.
That ending scene where MC ran "over the top" to deliver the message also seemed inauthentic. It felt symbolic, it didn't feel visceral.

Fine movie but these moments prompted angry sighs from me.

kino
youtu.be/fp7mdSMNQB0

I thought it was very good. Could have done without the forced diversity, but other than that it was well done.

Quantic Dream makes a WWI game uh movie

>running away from firefights, the movie

I enjoyed it but it had its crappy moments and forced diversity scenes which make it a 7/10 at best

It's a great movie. I remember posting a thread about it after watching the movie and their main complaint is the historical inaccuracy of the film. Who the fuck cares?? Also they're butthurt they made the Nazis "BAD"

it is kino. If only there was open matte

its a fine film, its not worth a rewatch tho

It didn't have superheroes of course this board hated it

>It was fine, didn't hate it but I didn't like how it felt like a video game at times
edge of tomorrow feels more videogamey yet Any Forums creams its pants over it, how hypocite

>1917
>Nazis
Every. Fucking. Time. Americunt education, I fucking swear...

>I fucking swear
Yes, too much even

Attached: 1424930197374.jpg (352x387, 33.97K)