Columbo

What made it work so well?

Attached: columbo.jpg (980x654, 107.37K)

The guest stars

The formula plus Columbo’s charm. You can’t recreate it.

>annoy people until they confess
I admit I liked it.

colombo himself is a charming character with a cool MO, its always satisfying seeing him outsmart the arrogant killer

Even though it's always circumstantial evidence that would never hold up in court, often obtained by trespassing and other illegal forms of evidence gatherimg

the best actors screenwriters and directors to ever grace television it's crazy how many oscar winners have been involved with columbo also the premise and main character are maximum comfy doing away with the whodunit formula was genuinely subversive for it's time

The show does play fast and loose with realistically portraying the justice system. The last episode I saw, Columbo arrested somebody for a murder that was already ruled an accident.

cope, guest star.

Why don't the murderers just kill Columbo?

they always confess though, getting a confession trumps winning on evidenece

They don't always confess, sometimes they just give Columbo a look like "you got me" which is not a confession

One guy? He fragged a couple hundred in nam!

Attached: Eddie-Kane.png (1480x1108, 1.01M)

>spock picks up a tape recorder
>"enjoy jail you big eared monkey!" columbo issues the guards to take spock to the beating room

>Just be poor. The whole schtick of the show is the relatable, dumpy, lower-class detective besting the wealthy, well bred killer-of-the-week who thinks they're intelligent. Its pure cope-fuel for poorfags that want to see rich people get beat by someone just like them. Even the structure of the show (showing the killer committing the crime in the beginning) is designed to spare the viewer the embarrassment of not being able to figure out "whodunnit" and instead build up excitement for the latest rich person to be caught in their own lies. It shouldn't be surprising, just think about who actually watches TV. Let me give you a hint: not rich, successful people. So literally just be poor and Columbo won't even show up

Best ending "twist"

Attached: MV5BYjFmMmZhOTQtNjk5NC00ZmQ5LWExZjUtYWFkYWI1YTFhMmUzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDI4MDc5Mw@@._V1_.jpg (1560x1158, 164.96K)

Agreed he's really charming.

>Patrick McGoohan episodes
>"Be seeing you now"
Modern TV has no soul in comparison.

What was the twist?

I can't believe he's still alive.

Columbo made a fake phot swtich. Dick demanded to see the camera and took it from the evidence shelf, identifying him as the killer because if he was innocent he wouldn't know what camera was used.

You have to watch it to "get it"

nice!

Yeah he was old and grey in the fucking early 70s.

He picked up the camera that was used after Columbo made an enlarged and airbrushed mock up.

He was caught by trying to exonerate himself and picking up the camera used. Something he'd have no knowledge of.