Godzilla vs Kong sequel to start filming later this year

>According to a new report from Deadline, Godzilla vs. Kong 2 is moving forward. Filming on the sequel is expected to commence later this year in Queensland, Australia. Details regarding the plot of the upcoming sequel are currently unknown, as is who will be directing it.>

So, are you expecting a literal Godzilla Vs Kong 2, another Vs movie or a movie just starring one of the two?

Attached: comentarios-negativos-de-godzilla-vskong-de-los-fanaticos-de_4ss6.jpg (1400x700, 137.3K)

Don’t know, but I do find it concerning that they already know when and where it’s filming without a single person attached to the project. Seems like you’d do the hiring first.

Rodan and Mothra better be in it this time, even if it’s just to blow Godzilla before the big match. And Gamera better show up blindside Kong with a steel chair.

Pretty sure they just got the rights to a new movie figured out and everything else is the media running with a non story just like what happened with the new Trek movie.

If it is filming this year they already have the cast and director attached, they just dont announce it. This kind of stuff, including casfing announcements were written months ago and got approval for X date to be released by news outlets. Also, it is just another monsterverse feature film, not GvK2. It is set after GvK but not a sequel in?! hoch Godzilla and Kong fight again. Might be Son of Kong project they talked about and Wingard might direct, if the project is more cgi it makes more sense for all the secrecy.

I enjoyed these movies but they blew their load. How can Gigan or Destroyah compare to what we've had? There is no place up from Kong, Ghidorah and Mecha G.

Definitely this, could be another Kong movie for all we know which I wouldn’t mind but it could also be Godzilla as well, we know goji himself is gonna show up in that Apple TV monsterverse show alongside the other titans.

Fingers crossed for Jet Jaguar to make his appearance as the definitive defender of mankind.

Attached: jet-jaguar-1.jpg (1147x1700, 1.66M)

I wonder if WB is still distributing the monsterverse films

I'm, like, 95% sure they'll bring one of the two back, what with Mecha Godzilla basically just being a bucket of bolts with a Ghidorah skull.

Oof, that would be a bit disappointing, I would eat another ten Godzilla movies, where as I barely managed to stay awake through Skull Island. I don't exactly know why, I just like the big G a lot more

Crazy, probably ridiculous, Theory: What if Toho's new movie is ALSO a MonsterVerse movie?
Amid all the excitement about the new MonsterVerse movie, let's not forget that Toho is also getting ready to film a new giant monster movie too that's widely expected to be their next live action Godzilla movie. As we're waiting on both of these films to get formally announced, and with the rumor that both studios will be attending the same trade show soon, plus with the news from last year that in the wake of GvK Toho wanted to start getting more directly involved with the MonsterVerse (the proof being Toho producers being involved with the Apple TV series)...

What if Toho's movie is actually the next MonsterVerse Godzilla movie?

It sounds ridiculous, but think about it.

Toho's movie is, reportedly, going to be set in the 1940s. Live action Godzilla movies in Japan have NEVER been set before 1954 before - the only live action continuity to have anything happen that early is the MonsterVerse. Late 1940s Japan was under US occupation, which means you can have American actors and an American core cast - if there's any military confrontation with the kaiju in the movie, it'll HAVE to be American. And while Toho has never done a period piece Godzilla movie before, the MonsterVerse has (K:SI) and explicitly has pre-1954 stuff to do with Godzilla. It might even make sense as a tie-in to the Apple TV series which, if I remember the report, was going to be set at least partly in Japan in between G'14 and KOTM.

It could be the plan is that Legendary and Toho are going to co-finance both a new Kong film and a new Godzilla film, with Legendary taking the lead on the Kong film (the one filming in Australia) and Toho taking the lead on the Godzilla film (a prequel set right after WW2...a MONARCH origin story? A partial adaptation of Godzilla: Awakening?).

If it is another Vs. movie and not as stated previously, I'd expect it's some dual threat to the overworld and underworld.

Zilla will earn some redemption by attacking the villain at a critical moment to save Godzilla and Kong, sacrificing itself so they can catch their second wind.

Attached: Godzilla98.jpg (2634x2364, 1.63M)

Will he avenge the people Matthew Broderick killed at last?

Do a movie where Godzilla and King Kong have to team up and fight all the monsters. The humans are only in it for 15% and that's just for them to fight the aliens.

How are they gonna put Kong and Godzilla against each other again? I thought Godzilla viewed Kong the way he views Mothra by the end, not as just another monster.
Is Godzilla just gonna be like, you know what? Fuck that and go hunt down Kong again?

Imagine the seething from those who hate the monsterverse movies if they did that

>monsterverse final wars with Kong fighting alongside goji
>don frye and the gang show up for it in a cameo
>halfway through Gamera shows up mind controlled by the aliens
>goji and kong beat the mind control out of gamera and team up with him

Attached: 1508688444321.gif (250x250, 221.61K)

The dialogue in Gv.KK was pretty funny intentionally or not. Just how serious they were as they were debating the strengths of these CGi monsters and what they might do.

It’s probably not going to be a rematch. It’s just being reported as the direct sequel to Godzilla vs Kong. If it’s really going to be a Kong movie, then Godzilla may not even appear. Toho might be working on their own Godzilla movie while Legendary takes a break from that character. There were also reports a while ago that a Kong-centric animated series is coming to Netflix, but I haven’t heard any updates on that in a while. Same goes for the Monarch series on Apple+

Rodan is dead. All the other monsters are dead besides Mothra and Kong.
It's gonna be Destroyah as the main boss, has to be.
Then again, Destroyah's origins were the same as Godzilla, except instead of being transformed by the nuke, the little crabs Destroyah started off as were transformed by the oxygen destroyer. But that's not how Godzilla came to be, apparently in this series Godzilla always was and was awakened by the first nuke.
Then AGAIN they already used the OD in this series, so they could still just wrap up Destroyah's origins that way.
It's fiction, whatever, I digress.

Could they please trim the movie down and keep things simple and elegant?

DESU
DROIA
DESU

Could they please trim down the runtime, prune the plot, and produce something more simple and elegant?

Idealistically, they should use this design for Godzilla Jr.

lmao