Parents force me to read book before seeing movie in theaters

>parents force me to read book before seeing movie in theaters
>get bored of it after they get to Rivendale and stop reading
>parents don't mind cause I guess I tried
>go see film
>it's kinda boring because I know exactly what's going to happen
>get to Rivendale and movie becomes far more exciting cause I don't know what's going to happen

Why would anyone spoil themselves with the books? I know people who hear about a tv show or movie coming out, so they read the book. Da fuck is the point?

Attached: The_Fellowship_of_the_Ring_cover.gif (250x419, 29.5K)

Fellowship book it's a boring fest until they reach Bree and that's basically around the 40% of the book

The books are almost always better than the movie, also it's nice to see how the directors vision compares with your own.
Personally I prefer to watch a movie first, then read the book.

They wanted you to experience the best character of the story.

Attached: Tom Bombadil - Brothers Hildebrandt.png (930x870, 1.39M)

why wouldn't you care about spoiling the book by watching the movie? No movie is ever going to be as good as your imagination. Plus there's no nogwashing in your mind.

Attached: 1644339499013.jpg (645x683, 176.63K)

they're not the same thing playa

>Personally I prefer to watch a movie first, then read the book.
If I do that I always just imagine the actors as the characters.

the correct order is watching first then reading
i read world war Z and i realized the movie is horrible

true, but the same will happen if you do it the other way around, whatever fanfiction character you have will be the one from the movie.
Unless they force in a nigg of course.

>the correct order is watching first then reading
bollocks

You are dumb.

so is making Hermione black

not canon sniff my farts, farthuffer

Books don't have cinematography or sound design, which is far more important to me than story or characters.

>Books don't have cinematography or sound design

Are you one of those #5 people that literally cannot visualize what you're imagining or hear music in your head? Where do you think the source of all cinematography and sound design comes from?

Attached: these people are real.jpg (474x263, 12.51K)

Are you arguing that seeing something and imagining it are the same experience? Lmao no one believes this. You're just being dense for the sake of being dense.

you're right, imagining it is by far the better experience, assuming your IQ isn't merely double digit trash.

Why are you coping so hard?

after seeing the hobbit animated film as a really really young child it made me want to read the original book. my parents had taught me the alphabet/some reading before preschool and by the time i was in first grade i had read the hobbit multiple times. went on to try to read the lord of the rings as well but it was more difficult - especially with all the made up and big words but i kind of got through them by 2nd grade, understanding the jist of the story but having a lot go over my head/forgotten. as i got older i got into other things and lotr was just a vague memory.

by the time the the first movie came out when i was a teenager i had forgotten all about the lotr and really only remembered the story of the hobbit and the fellowship movie gave me intense deja vu, like i 'knew' what was going to happen but didnt remember why(because i read the books)

after seeing fellowship in theaters went and picked up all the books and read all 3 in a few days. the memories of trying to read these books back when i was in first grade all came flooding back. dunno why i had some weird mental block around it.

so i read the books, forgot em, watched the film, re-read the books and remembered, and then had a nostalgia overdose.

>w-why are you coping
>t. 86 IQ simpleton
Sad, many such cases.

I like to watch the movies then read the books

>Books don't have cinematography or sound design
everyone laugh at this nigga whose parent's didnt get em the middle earth map nd the hildebrandt bros art books to go along with their childhood readings of the hobbit and lotr. friggen YIKES

Attached: smaug_in_lonely_mountain-hildebrandt.jpg (600x451, 89.71K)

Its great at the start too when Gandalf spends all morning in Hobbiton telling Frodo stories of ages past. That whole section honestly felt like my grandad was telling me stories by the fire.

>Da fuck is the point?
most people do it so they can bitch about how it's different from the book, it makes them feel smart and a greater fan than you

Unironically one of my favorite parts, got chills when reading about ancient evils and such.

I just finished this prick's chapter. What exactly was his problem?

I love the movies but I couldn't get into the books when I was younger. I'm going to try again now that I'm older and slightly more intelligent/well read.

Attached: Goodreads.png (563x459, 285.45K)

imagining something literally is seeing it in your mind just as seeing something is imagining it in your mind. When your dreams seem so real that you think you're awake, where do you think that occurs? When you dream of sweeping landscape shots soaring through deserts, where do you think that is comes from? The music playing in your dreams is processed somewhere separate from where it's processed when you hear it in a theater?
idk, maybe you really are cowbrained and don't get this.

Attached: 1409027200572.jpg (500x538, 150.85K)

>true, but the same will happen if you do it the other way around, whatever fanfiction character you have will be the one from the movie.
Not necessarily. For example, I read LOTr years before movies came out. Certain characters I depicted completely differently because Hackson was a hack at times. So now after the movie came out I now have 2 versions of Gollum in my mind. Hackson for some reason made Gollum look like some cute animal, where he skips around like a child. In my interpretation of first reading the book Gollum is lithe and pale almost like a ghost and he moves more like a spider in stealth. I prefer my version but I also see Jacksons version.

Based

>slightly more intelligent/well read.
>all the books he's read in 2022 so far are Star Wars and one Avengers book

Attached: 1647315237378.gif (292x292, 1.44M)

You spoil yourself when you watch the movie because you're watching what somebody else imagined while reading the book.