Why was Jason so much more popular with Mexican/Mestizo kids?

Why was Jason so much more popular with Mexican/Mestizo kids?

Attached: Jasón.jpg (1591x882, 545.08K)

is he? i only know this about dbz and kof.

There's definitely a race and class divide when it comes down to whether you prefer Nightmare or Friday. The Friday fans also have this weird, dead behind the eyes thing going on.

There are two types of movie fans, plotfags and stylefags, and plotfags like Freddy and stylefags like Jason.

Maybe I'm not fully understanding your definitions, but Nightmare series shits all over Friday in terms of style too. Actually interesting design, art direction, cinematography vs. bottom of the barrel slop that is the Friday series. Platinum Dunes Friday reboot is good though.

Nightmare got consistently worse in all of those aspects and Friday got better

This is what I mean, you're worried about "objective" quality and prefer Nightmare, which focuses on story and character, and I just want to hang out at Crystal Lake with chicks in sweaters. I can usually tell whether I'm going to enjoy a movie by the time the title card comes up because all I'm worried about is the movie matching my mood.

Nightmare at its worst is still better than Friday at its best, if you don't include Remake. Saying Nightmare got worse is asinine when the series starts with an absolute classic and Friday has basically zero good movies. Also, even dog shit Nightmare movies like 5 interesting things going on in terms of visuals and direction. Mediocre entries like 4 stand shoulders above every Friday movie in terms of design, direction, and cinematography. It's not even close. We can at least thank Platinum Dunes for finally making a good Friday though.

This guy just can't stop himself from proving my point

Gotcha, if it comes down to the vibe you prefer there's no sense in arguing it and that's a completely legitimate position. Was just put off by the suggestion the Friday series is somehow "stylistically" better than Nightmare.

I'm willing to adjust the term to "vibefags", it's probably more accurate

Can you plainly state what your point is and how what I wrote there reinforced it?

I think I can appreciate both plotfag and vibefag if this is a distinction. I vibefag for Scream 3 even if plot wise it is not so good in some aspects. Scream 5 is fucking dogshit though.

Just that you still more worried about quality than wanting to watch what you feel like watching. The Nightmare movies are clearly more expensive, better written, have better effects and better directors, but 9 times out of ten I'm going to feel like watching a Friday instead, because I just like the vibe of them better. When it comes to movies I'm all style over substance. If I feel like watching Blood Feast over Silence of the Lambs, or Godzilla vs Gigan over Jurassic Park, it's not because I'm putting one as better than the other, it's just the style of movie I feel like watching right then, which is the most important consideration. There are movies I never feel like watching and complete schlock I could watch basically every day.

*masterpieces I never feel like watching

Or maybe more accurately, it's the quality that makes you like the movie, not just its inherent personality

What about juggalos

>Fuck yeah Freddy! Call her a bitch again! God I hate women!
Why are Nightmarefags like this?

Attached: 1635560286503.jpg (1050x1050, 173.02K)

everyone with life experience is like that

Attached: wowe.png (645x773, 9.07K)

Gotcha. I'm the same way to an extent and haven't watched "prestige" dramas or tv for a decade for similar reasons.

Juggalos lean towards Friday because of the class thing, but they also like Chucky a lot. Bride of Chucky is based though.

Freddy is cringe

Attached: Freddy_cuts_fingers.gif (480x310, 1.99M)