Why are LGBT+ couples so easily forgotten?

Recently there has been a big push for diversity and more LGBT representation in the media, an INSANE push for it, but for some reason people still remember only all the straight couples in movies, shows, comics, etc. Movies that get big praise like Potrait of a Lady on Fire, but next day only seem to be remembered by Letterboxd and Twitter. I thought the world was more diverse?

The closest thing to an "iconic" gay or lesbian couple I can remember is Jack and Ennis from Brokeback Mountain, and that's just mostly because it became a meme to make fun of gays.

Attached: strawrgwr.png (584x614, 891.13K)

Cause Gays are Yucky

With straight couples they have sexual tension and include romantic scenes. They avoid doing that with gay couples because no one wants to see homos kissing. You get a line telling the audience they’re gay, hand holding, fruity facial expressions, and that’s it. Fags are gross

Because most people aren't gay.

The only worthwhile gay couples are in yuri anime

>The closest thing to an "iconic" gay or lesbian couple I can remember is Jack and Ennis from Brokeback Mountain, and that's just mostly because it became a meme to make fun of gays.

I was going to reply the same thing, lol. The reality is that most people think faggots are disgusting.

Because that's not true. There just aren't many movies with lesbian couples. There are in cartoons, though.

BASED

>Potrait of a Lady on Fire
It's a French movie made for film festivals. Your pic shows American movies made for wide audience. The same is true for most, if not all, lesbian movies. Brokeback Mountain was a big deal and it's also quite old. Films like Carol are for a niche audience.

Also, your picture shows mostly old movies. There's also much more entertainment produced today, so films aren't as memorable as before.

>Your pic shows American movies made for wide audience
By wide audience you mean... straight people?

I’ll never forget the kino of David and Keith from Six Feet Under.

Attached: DavidKeithSixFeetUnder.jpg (970x546, 98.96K)

No. People who watch mainstream movies.

That's a yes.

Uranus and Neptune from Sailor Moon
Brown girl and vampire girl from Owl House
Pink girl and vampire girl from Adventure Time
Korra and Asami from Avatar
Blue-haired girl and normal girl from that one game
Gay crystals from Steven Universe

Because the overwhelming majority of people are straight, aka normal.

Same reason why every straight couple isn’t iconic, dumbass. 99.9% are always forgotten, the reason why some are well remembered is because they stand out in a sea of mediocrity. Why would you automatically expect every lgbtq+ couple to become iconic? It’s going to take tons of shows and movies with non-straight couples to get to that point that they start to pile up. It’s nonsensical to compare over a century’s worth of material to a handful of years with actual minority representation.

People can relate to straight romance. Both sides can engage with it.
They can't do the same with homosexuality. As much as the wokeists disagree, people need to relate to media for it to form an emotional connection.

none of those are iconic beyond Twitter like OP said.

So name iconic heterosexual pairs from the last 10 years. Can you name any? The girls from Arcane are more iconic than any heterosexual pair I can think of.

>why there is no LGBT+ couple that I can appeal to if I'm straight and have no empathy whatsoever with anyone that doesn't resemble either me or who I want to have or be?

Attached: Arcane-Lesbian-(1).jpg (2000x1000, 193.45K)

Gerelt and yen
The twilight couple
The joker and Harley(meme)