Has anyone had a tonsillectomy before to solve their halitosis problem? I brush my teeth, floss my teeth...

has anyone had a tonsillectomy before to solve their halitosis problem? I brush my teeth, floss my teeth, brush and scrape my tongue, and I gargle hard with alcohol free mouthwash, yet my breath becomes bad an hour later.
I'm considering getting a tonsillectomy because chances are, there are tonsil stones that I can't remove. Does anyone have experience with this?

Attached: 1618074599200.jpg (1500x1500, 180.89K)

Just keep in consideration that having your tonsils removed is the most painful surgery you can get, at least that’s what the doctor told me when I went in for consultation

I just smoked a shitload of marijuana and now I'm watching my ten year old sister dance around in a bikini.

not a chance

>tonsillectomy
you're going to have lowered immune response for life, they say you dont need tonsils, they lie, they say you dont need wisdom teeth, they lie, they even used to say appendix was worthless now they find its vital to keep your gut bacteria in check
dont do it bro, gargle salt water

You probably just need better mouthwash and use it multiple times a day. I use crest clinical strength. You might need better toothpaste too. Again I use crest gum detoxify. Also you literally need to stop scraping your tongue. Thats literally what the mouthwash is for.

3 times a day as the foundation of your dental care

Attached: 713WbO-6vLL._SY741_.jpg (323x741, 25.79K)

>You probably just need better mouthwash and use it multiple times a day. I use crest clinical strength.
>Again I use crest gum detoxify.
lol detoxify. enjoy your flouride poisoning.
> Also you literally need to stop scraping your tongue. Thats literally what the mouthwash is for.
gross

how about you lay off the sugar and soda there, fatty

i swear america has high fructose corn syrup in the water if i dont use fluoride i get cavities everywhere and i dont eat ANY extra sugar just a couple bits of fruit per day

i use Act, am i doing it wrong?

>Any Forums - Television & Film

I have impacted wisdom teeth, how fucked am I if I get them removed? They hurt like hell.

living the fucking life

offtopic threads are the heart and soul of this board reddit tourist trash

Yes. Use Listerine after gargling hydrogen peroxide, it's cured my tonsil stones and I never have bad breath anymore.

Yes. Use the exact mouthwash I posted and use it 3 times a day. If you use it with your brushing routine then use it after you brush and do not rinse with water after your rinsed with mouthwash. But you can use water between brushing and mouthwash if you would like.

>how fucked am I if I get them removed?
I would assume not fucked at all.

>and do not rinse with water after your rinsed with mouthwash.
Just drink the fluoride at this point, retard.

Filiform papillae are the most numerous of the lingual papillae.[1] They are fine, small, cone-shaped papillae covering most of the dorsum of the tongue. They are responsible for giving the tongue its texture and are responsible for the sensation of touch. Unlike the other kinds of papillae, filiform papillae do not contain taste buds.[1] They cover most of the front two-thirds of the tongue's surface.[2]

and they can be damaged by scraping or brushing your tongue. Sometimes brushing your tongue can be useful like if you just ate a whole bag of raisins but it should absolutely not be a normal routine part of your dental care.

uhh, why raisins?

Well they're just particularly conducive to getting all into the grooves your tongue. They'll eventually come loose but brushing your tongue would actually be useful if you wanted to get them out sooner. Most things either wont get caught or will quickly dissolve enough to come loose.

I get these a fair amount (have been told by dentist I have large tonsils so maybe that's why) and they're pretty annoying, I have to scrape them out with my tongue. Apparently getting your tonsils removed without a really good reason is bad though

>I have to scrape them out with my tongue.
are you some sort of lizard?

No, my tongue is just long as fuck
I do use cotton buds etc sometimes but they're more likely to make me gag

i don't care what the fucking things are called, they get gunked up and need to be cleaned
your wikipedia copy/paste doesn't mention any important role they serve even if they are being "harmed"

You'll be fine. I got all of mine removed. Also I will agree that an appendix is oroba my very useful as I have diarrhea shit constantly.

My dad just had part of his spine removed last week. Pretty sure your doctor is a moron