My mom thinks this kino was anti war

Ever since I saw black hawk down I wanted to join the marines. My mother has always tried to talk me out of it. I didn't do too well in school but my mother says I should do something that is good for society like being a construction worker or a plumbers assistant. Instead of a marine... can you believe that shit?

I always looked up to my step brother who was a marine. He got pretty badly burned during an ambush in Iraq and couldn't talk, see or walk afterwards. He had good stories about his buddies and basic training though, and I always thought it was worth the risk, even though he got really angry when I told him that. His bitch wife left him a few years back and he died, the police said it was a suicide but I don't believe it, he probably fell. He couldn't walk or see so good.

Anyway my mom made me watch this movie. It's total kino. But she says it is an anti war movie, and she said black hawk down is 'jingoistic crap' designed to recruit young men into the military.

I called her a stupid hippie bitch and we haven't spoken in two weeks. I'm rewatching it now and I don't think it has any anti war themes really, the main character starts out based and ends up a beta. I ship out in a few months and I want to make things right with my mother, but I'm not going to lie about this movie to make her happy.

What gives?

Attached: 1629352705423.jpg (540x800, 50.39K)

>I didn't do too well in school

Ya, it shows...

You are a fucking retard
yeah go do yourself a favour and kill yourself fighting in the marines, if you even manage to get in

Yeah? Real clever.
Fuck you tratior. Go fuck yourself.

you seem really retarded so you should enlist against your moms wishes, you would make a great marine

FUCK OFF? ??

There's no such thing as an 'antiwar' movie. The moment you deal with war in a film you're making it aesthetic.

Attached: François_truffaut.jpg (2406x3648, 1.71M)

Israel thanks you for your service

My CO raped me but I got free college so I can't complain

Attached: 1633031261666.png (640x1031, 1.04M)

hoorah

bump

Did you stop watching this movie after 20 minutes? lmao

No. It's pretty obvious that the main character started out based but didn't have the stomach or skill to do right by his country. In the end he behaved like a coward and a fool. For me it was a cautionary tale about what not to become.

A paraplegic?

HAIL ISRAEL!

>For me it was a cautionary tale about what not to become
You completely misunderstand a movie and then take it as a "cautionary tale" but when your brother kills himself due to war and your mother begs you to not become a marine, you're not seeing that as a cautionary tale?

>muh tuition

I want to see zoomers starved and destitute.

>Fuck you tratior. Go fuck yourself.
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

copypasta

I didn't misunderstand it. My brother wasn't a cautionary tale.

She's right. Hollywood and the military and intel agencies are deeply intertwined, and war movies are often, though not always, partly influenced with input from the Pentagon, CIA, etc. By the way, the people who engineer these wars hate you and laugh at you. Knock yourself out.

these guys aren't sought out by recruiters for their keen powers of reason and pattern recognition, bro