B-Rate Horror

I recently inherited 800 B-Rate Horror VHS tapes. Is there any market in selling them? And more importantly is there any place willing to buy them all at once? I'm about a day away from taking them into Cheapo Records and literally taking whatever they give me for them, if anything.
If it helps I live in MN.

Attached: Screenshot_20220321-231217_Gallery.jpg (713x495, 316.36K)

Here is a closer shot to give a better idea of titles

Attached: Screenshot_20220321-231140_Gallery.jpg (720x1480, 706.68K)

Like there is 80 movies in this picture alone!

Attached: Screenshot_20220321-231132_Gallery.jpg (720x1480, 597.97K)

B-Rated Horror Tapes are pretty much the only VHS tapes outside of rarities that sell for big money. Even Friday the 13th is worth money. Sell them individually and enjoy raking in that money.

You need to post all of this in /horror/ threads and see if there’s anything really rare in there. If you’ve got something rare you’ll want to rip and upload it.
Then go ahead and try to sell everything, but atleast do this first.

You should personally drive them to Milwaukee, find Mike or Jay and give them the lot.

>american psycho 2 in vhs
hmm, interresting

except for like American Psycho 1/2 and Quills..they're not worth anything above 10 I feel

Fuck yes there's a market user. You hit the fucking jackpot. The people who buy this shit will spend loads of money and all the stores that still sell VHS mark up their horror like crazy. Like the other user said sell them individually online or find a shop that specializes in this stuff and take a look through their store.

Lmfao I see a copy of Zombie in there that'll fetch ya at least $15. Hell there's a guy that posts in horror/shelf threads that specifically collects zombie movies and would probably buy it off you if he doesn't have that edition.

user I would at least put an hour or two into researching what you have because yeah you might have $30 worth of garbage or you might have a few hundred, and VHS shop guys are scummy enough to give you a tenner for that collection

While I think a lot of people overrate their collections based on obscurity, I think he's got a couple of other good ones in there aside from those. Maniac and Cannibal Holocaust will definitely go for good money, especially if they're original and the boxes are in decent condition.

>$15
>few hundred
all this fuss over peanuts? i make over $100 a day.

So do I lmao but money's money and other anons ITT are clearly showing interest, why would you miss out on that? Set up an ebay shop and post a link (dont include personal details if you do).

Hell actually I wonder why Any Forums doesn't have Buy Sell Trade threads like other boards

Oh also I said "few hundred" based on the pics you showed, I misread the OP thinking you had 80 tapes but 800 I'm sure you have some gems based on what you've posted.

I'll give you $10 for all of them right now, you pay the shipping.

Everything in that collection has been online for a decade at least. These have value as collectibles. There are several docs about how obsessive VHS nerds are and there are several tapes in there that I could see him flipping for pretty good money. That copy of trap them and kill them is listed for $450 on ebay right now.
Join some Facebook groups on this topic and talk to those guys.

not him but wow really 450 for a fuckin VHS tape??

Attached: 1641500197656.png (176x209, 37.43K)

the VHS horror market is filled with greasy dudes with fat wallets

OP here.
I'll toss them upstairs for the time being I guess and take pictures of all of em and post them for you guys.
Why I want them all off my hands fast is because as the other user says, it is kind of peanuts for me if they're each only going to be worth a couple bucks on average.
Not to humble brag but just being real, I'm a plumber in high demand and I make 100/h cash on the side and I have so much side work I turn it down. So I dont want to spend a whole bunch of time listing, posting, shipping, for a few hundred bucks when I can do a repipe of a bathroom for 1k.
However I also have a heart and know people really love these things just like I like rare plumbing fixtures that's why i didnt just trash em.
I'll post more tomorrow

Okay user, please post it

This thread is a perfect example of why that happens. This guy's ended up with a stockpile of old cult movies that he doesn't know much about and isn't interested in, and that narrowly avoided just getting trashed, whereas there's a big community of guys out there who know and love these movies and who for owning the original VHS release would have the same prestige as owning the first edition of a classic novel. When some old horror head drops dead and his clueless family just throws away his collection, it creates more scarcity of specific tapes, since they obviously aren't making them anymore. It's like when a mom throws out her grown son's comic collection from the 40s he left at home that would've been worth thousands. There's probably only 500 or something like that copies of the movie but 2000 guys who want one.