Western Thread

Cowbros... what is your favorite Western? Can the genre make a comeback?

Attached: ILikeTheWayYouDieSoy.jpg (1008x674, 166.71K)

>favorite Western?
Winchester 73
>Can the genre make a comeback?
No.

Duck, You Sucker. While lacking compared to other Leone films it oozes soul, and has a fantastic Morricone score.

Magnificat seven and true grit are pretty good. As for a comeback, anything's possible, people may crave a return to more black and white type morality, like in westerns, in movies going forward now that grey morality and deconstructed heros have all but run their course

probably good the bad and the ugly. it's a basic-bitch answer but the movie is fucking amazing and makes me feel things on both a viasual/audio spectacle kind of way from the big scenes and a more intimate way in the small scenes. i just really enjoy it when i watch it.
no, the genre will never come back like it originally was. what's more likely is we'll just occasionally get a big budget western that is a remake of a classic or a range of budgets that explore things in that setting but aren't the same as the classic westerns, or are made by a well liked director like tarantino.
we'll keep seeing the setting but it won't be for traditional westerns and this will probably get truer as time goes on.
i'm fine with that. i'll take quality over quantity. trying to recreate the past would be pointless and probably fall short.

No because the Italians don't make genre cinema anymore

If it didn't came back with RDR2, nothing will.

>Winchester 73
Patrician.
For me, it's Yellow Sky.
It was already dead when Leone made a Fistul. He just put the nails in the coffin.
Glorious, golden nails they were too.

Attached: Yellow Sky (1948).jpg (564x854, 120.19K)

>Glorious, golden nails they were too.
Gilded nails.

For me, it's McLintock!

Attached: john-wayne-butt-slap.gif (498x398, 1.09M)

For me, its The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.

>Filename
Kek did you make that?

Attached: jt6mdwfabur41.jpg (1286x726, 92.54K)

Attached: wRslSHBtkfQ_Trim.webm (500x280, 2.88M)

anyone who says their favorite western isnt TOMBSTONE is a fucking lying faggot trying to sound smart

most quotable film ever made with amazing performances by all involved

Attached: image_2022-03-21_233720.png (274x184, 66.46K)

thought this image was wild wild west for a seconds

Attached: westerns.jpg (720x709, 240.76K)

Best Morricone score desu

can i ask what makes dead man a higher rated movie than the good the bad and wild bunch?

Personal preference. It's my favorite western and probably my favorite movie. If you're on its wavelength there isn't anything else like it.

what makes it your favorite movie?

Tombstone, simple as.

Attached: .png (1041x1280, 901.78K)

The way the imagery, soundtrack, and dialogue complement each other and create something haunting