I am fully convinced that people only claim to like this and other “arthouse” movies (as well as shows like Twin...

I am fully convinced that people only claim to like this and other “arthouse” movies (as well as shows like Twin Peaks, Mad Men, Better Call Saul, etc.) simply to appear smart. There’s no other explanation. They’re probably neutering themselves from films that would genuinely move them just so they can earn intellectual points from this kind of pseud stuff. They probably haven’t even actually seen some of the stuff they praise. Utterly sad.

Attached: CDD043CF-AE87-46BD-87DE-AF045308E2C0.jpg (1380x2044, 436.09K)

Smart people don't watch movies you dummy.

This isn’t an arthouse movie, this was a blockbuster. Highest grossing of its year even.

> Twin Peaks, Mad Men, Better Call Saul,
Wtf do these have in common aside from being tv shows retard?

I first watched it when I was around 8-10 years old. I sincerely enjoyed it without having had it built up for me ahead of time, and had no trouble paying attention. I also got a good 70-80% of what was going on all by myself, although the room at the end was strange and the real "uh, what" for me on the first go-around, it was perfectly obvious that unseen aliens were involved throughout the whole thing.

Attached: 2001 musical cues.png (1776x1376, 230.38K)

>muh slowburn
Pseuds think that no plot = smart. That’s not to say that there aren’t good slow burns, they just have plots unlike those

I like arthouse

Attached: The Color of Pomegranates [Նռան գույնը] (1970) - 2.webm (700x508, 2.83M)

I watched it as a teenager and it became an instant favourite. I don’t know what people who don’t get it miss, do they need everything explained to them like they’re five?

Attached: 1632713384092.png (680x471, 457.02K)

How is Better Call Saul arthouse?

Nigger what, BCS has an active plot

i agree with you, but most it's more like
>nothing happens
>no action scene
so it makes retards feel special cause they forced themselves to watch a boring ass movie because somewhere in the deepest corner of their brain it makes them feel like they have good taste in movies and are different

I am fully convinced you're a neanderthal spastic

Pure autism, probably kissless virgin too.

OP, you need to watch everything on the list in order to understand why it's a patrician film

Attached: 1634755023330.jpg (1872x4864, 3.56M)

It's a movie you have to be in the mood for and when you are it's fucking great

This is what low iq retards who call it pretentious lack

When I was a kid I did find The Dawn of Man to be the boring part because hey there's no cool spaceships wtf. With adulthood I have come to appreciate the first part as an interesting short film in its own right which tells a legible story and has perfectly good pacing for what only amounts to 20 minutes: hey it's a desert, there's a problem (no food or water), there's a conflict too (tribe fights over water), very strange thing happens, tribe overcomes other tribe and problem and conflict are resolved Hero rejoices triumphantly.

>i only consoom product and never create anything, i'm special and have good taste
Nah you're just consooming faggots, kill yourselves

C-c-cummmmm. Oh yeah.

This is the worst OP post I've ever seen on this board.

None of the films/tv shows you listed are “art house” you fuckin moron

Spbp.

great b8, almost got me