"unmask the truth"

>"unmask the truth"
>people in Gotham are corrupt
>and Thomas Wayne paid a mobster to put the fear of God in a reporter who was going to slander his wife's reputation, and the mobster ended up killing the reporter and Thomas felt terrible about it

Bravo Reeves.

Attached: FKhaIc3XMAQJ4rx.jpg (2500x3705, 1.71M)

Pretty much. Was expecting a worse conspiracy

The more I think about the riddler the more I come to the conclusion that he was a terribly handled and he's easily the Weakest solo Batman villain since the schumacker era. This is coming from someone who likes Classic Dano and thought he was going to be the best part of the movie.

The truth is that Falcone is the one who controls the city, that's why Falcone is his last victim. That being said, it would have been cool to have the Court of Owls being the ones that the Riddler is hunting.

>Obsessed with revealing the truth and rooting out corruption, only killing powerful people who deserve it
>And then he just
>Uh
>Decides to kill everybody
That was some of the most hack shit I've ever seen. Movie would've been unimaginably better if the flood nonsense never happened and Classic Paul Dano was legitimately only in it to murder crooked politicians.
I feel like that had to be the first draft of the script and then some retarded studio execs were deathly afraid that audiences would be on his side.

Completely agree. Him having a motive was intriguing. Once he it's revealed that he just wants to commit mass murder it just taints the character. That ending was so dumb, batman fights random faceless incels while riddler is locked up. The ending should've been Batman facing down the riddler in some saw death trap with some political victims, then maybe throw in the faceless incels for batman to fight, but ultimately he's there to thwart the riddlers plan and capture him. This whole "the villain wanted to get caught on purpose" thing is so overdone, fuck sakes we have 3 batman movies now where that's a plot point
>bane
>Joker
>riddler

My question is how the fuck did he learned everything. He was supposed to be an orphan right when Bruce was, yeah he can learn some stuff by living next to the entrance of the club like the mayor and the girl but knowing everything in detail? Did Falcone and his goons just went to the door of the club and started talking out loud "hey remember that time Thomas Wayne payed us to scare the living shit out of that reporter and we killed him? Good times."

There's like one single line that mentions he was a forensic accountant, I don't even think it was stated who he worked for. If his superpower is obsessive autism, it's somewhat reasonable, but they definitely could've made it more clear.

This has 100% the stench of WB executives it's exactly the same as WW where there couldn't be an ending with her learning humans can be fucked up so they had to throw a big CGI fight with Ares.

That was such a shit movie, i hoped it would be like the Joker

They should have made Riddler the reporter’s son.

Who was that sketchy looking guy Bruce ran into at the funeral and said "do I know you?" And the guy gave a shit eating grin and didn't say anything.

I wish that guy was the new joker, but I'm pretty sure he's just one of Dano's user conspirators

Joker was garbage

The flood thing was done to remind people that this Batman isn't too self serious. In the comics and other batman media like the animated series and games, villains regularly pull off insane shit that gets thousands of people killed. Mass casualty events are a regular occurrence in Gotham.

He blew up the seawall to show that it was bullshit, like the rest of the renewal plan. At the same time he wanted to kill the black mayor woman because he believed she was corrupt like the others. When it came to casualties, I don't think he gave a fuck about civilians since he was ultimately lashing out at a city that had treated him like shit since he was born. The flood was a symbolic way to cleanse the city completely. Felt fitting to me.

He was the Riddler henchman that got unmasked at the end of the movie.

Without the ending this movie would have been a good movie but would have suffered from being the usual deconstruction of the superhero genre
the ending made it the perfect Batman movie
at first I thought the scene with the Joker in arkham was the usual sequel set up but then I realized it's there to make the movie look more like a Batman comic. The MCU ruined world building cause now everything feels like a setup for 5 different movies, but this film is cool cause instead of going for the usual 1/2 villains per movie formula, they tried to establish Gotham as a whole

>This whole "the villain wanted to get caught on purpose" thing is so overdone, fuck sakes we have 3 batman movies now where that's a plot point
>bane
>Joker
>riddler

But this is the first good movie with it

Wait until the sequel where its released that he was secretly working with the court of owls or some shit.

It was far better than The Batman. No need to seethe about it, Battinsonfag. NTA.
>The flood thing was done to remind people that this Batman isn't too self serious.
This sounds a little weird but makes sense.

Exactly. People whine about Joker TDK being able to plant bomb all over the city yet Paul Dano is this ghostlike omnipotent figure who's always able to find a way to spot and catch his targets, always one step ahead of everyone, at the times where the city is in high alert after one of the biggest public figure was murdered. Would be even more amazing if he commited all the murders alone, considering his followers only started to move after his last video.

>The Batman fanboys are so obsessed with their movie they now shit on every other movie of the same company to defend it.
What's wrong with these faggots?

Attached: 1647223567343.jpg (415x415, 20.48K)

All of his targets went to the same nightclub all the time and all of his photos were of that nightclub... From his apartment. Nobody ever looked into that at all.

Closeted MCUfags. They love those movies, but feel embarrased to like it, so watch The Batman, an MCU movie with the same trash writing but with some good filter, and they feel less embarrased about it.