Gym muscles and CGI don't turn guys into believably intimidating action stars...

Gym muscles and CGI don't turn guys into believably intimidating action stars. If you want true grit you gotta either film genuine tough guys like pic related or you gotta get some really good actors.

Attached: vt4g.jpg (1624x704, 132.02K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6MZw_Iv0wdU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

he was a total pussy irl

oh no no no delonbros... he was supposed to be unmoggable...

Attached: 1627540048457.jpg (900x1357, 323.78K)

iirc correctly he had a criminal past, and theres a story at one point where he was on the set of a movie, and the directors wife walked in, and he looked her over, then walked up to the director, looked him in the eyes, and said "im gonna steal your wife." and then stole his wife

Proof?

>worked in a coal mine from the age of ten until he started flying combat missions as a gunner in a superfortress
>total pussy

I haven't read that he had a criminal past, but I've read that he was a coal miner when he was a teenager and then he joined the US air force during WW2

>practices the harmonica for 20+ years
>still only knows how to play the same 4 notes over and over

>tfw you'll never be a gunner in a superfortress
I know bomber crews had an above 50% casualty rate but damn they're cool

Attached: 1549915156154.jpg (835x835, 80.84K)

>not posting the fucking theme
one fucking job
youtu.be/6MZw_Iv0wdU

Acting is inherently gay, there's no such thing as a manly actor.

>US air force
I'm gonna get autistic on you here cause it didn't exist at the time. I think he did fly for the Navy though, and in a dangerous job with a high casuality rate.

>I haven't read that he had a criminal past
Nor have I. He may have gotten invovled in scraps because he had a backbone but Bronson being some petty career criminal/thug is shit I've never encountered before.

tell that to the guy squatting 5 plates and see what happens

That doesn't translate to screen presence, which is the OP's point.

>When Bronson was playing the claustrophobic "tunnel king" Danny in The Great Escape, he got to work with the Scottish actor David McCallum. After meeting McCallum's wife, actress Jill Ireland, Bronson flatly told his coworker, "I'm going to marry your wife." From anyone else, that would sound like an idle boast, but not from Bronson. McCallum and Ireland soon divorced. Bronson and Ireland married in 1968 and remained hitched until her death in 1990.

Attached: 1633485769222.jpg (564x901, 80.98K)

the biggest chad on earth was 5'7

Unironically how the fuck did he do it? Bronson was based so I suppose McCallum must have been a total bore so it didn't require some 4d chess on Bronson's part to win her over.

That was John Wayne

mccallumbros... it's over.

Attached: 55674.jpg (426x600, 39.9K)

they stopped making dudes like these after a certain time period. I know for zoomer standards the Rock is intimidating but to me he looks like a lesbian. I watched some scenes from the Batman 60s tv show and the Penguin looked more rough than most action guys from modern movies, I mean he looked like he knew actual violence better than these guys, and the same goes for basically any actor from those times. You can tell kids those days used to beat the shit out of each other everyday

John Wayne was pretty tough, especially when it came to speaking his mind and not backing down. The media wasn't able to make him the bad guy until after he died and couldn't defend himself.

ahhh jethrow!

just googled David McCallum
>how the fuck did he do it
google David McCallum

Spent some time in the hole but he was more cantankerous then a dull blown rouge