This movie aged surprisingly well for a green screen CGI fest

this movie aged surprisingly well for a green screen CGI fest

Attached: FCJG300-0088-58bae0273df78c353c5e4f0d.jpg (2208x1656, 746.56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

s1.webmshare.com/jx4YW.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Rewatched it when I was on a greek culture kick and playing AC Odyssey. I agree but I actually found myself fast forwarding through battles, to specific conversations. mostly the quiet ones between Leonidas and Xerxes, or Leonidas and Pheoltes (sp?) the cripple. I found those to actually be the soul of the movie

Love this movie. It was racist, sexist, homophobic and homoerotic at the same time and mix gore and carnage in it. Would never be made today

country ruled by women and man fight to save their own country is racist?

It's a stylized film that didn't aim for hyper realism so it aged better than half assed shit like Marvel movies.

Attached: 1647634513761.webm (720x300, 2.93M)

Rewatched it a few days ago, and I have to agree with you. I found the pre and post-battle conversations to be the most enjoyable parts of the movie. I still liked the battle scenes, but rewatching them made me think they went overboard with all the slow-mo. I know the slowmo stuff was integral to the movie when it came out, but still it was just a tad much at times.

Shot on film and grainy. Love it

I think the reason is that the slo-mo effects during battle (fast forward, slow down, speed up, slow down) was a thing that was emulated after 300, in other movies, games, etc, so people got fatigue for the technique. Sort of like how people got tired of Matrix Bullet-Time being used in movies and games (Max Payne) etc. So we're a bit tired of it because we're over exposed to it

>country ruled by women
wat?

no woman was ruling and brownies were evil by default
yes, it's realist- i mean racist

Attached: 1505084713710.png (1080x1067, 823.77K)

>The film's portrayal of ancient Persians caused a particularly strong reaction in Iran. Various Iranian officials condemned the film.
>The Iranian Academy of the Arts submitted a formal complaint against the film to UNESCO that called it an attack on the historical identity of Iran.
>The Iranian mission to the UN protested the film in a press release, and Iranian embassies protested its screening in France, Thailand, Turkey, and Uzbekistan.
>The film was banned within Iran as "hurtful American propaganda".
>With illegal versions of the film already available in Tehran with the film's international release and news of the film's surprising success at the US box office, the film prompted widespread anger in Iran. Azadeh Moaveni of Time reported, "All of Tehran was outraged. Everywhere I went yesterday, the talk vibrated with indignation over the film."
>Newspapers in Iran featured headlines such as "Hollywood declares war on Iranians" and "300 Against 70 Million", the latter being the size of Iran's population. Ayende-No, an independent Iranian newspaper, said, "The film depicts Iranians as demons, without culture, feeling or humanity, who think of nothing except attacking other nations and killing people."

1/2.

>Four Iranian Members of Parliament have called on Muslim countries to ban the film, and a group of Iranian film makers submitted a letter of protest to UNESCO regarding the film's misrepresentation of Iranian history and culture.
>The cultural advisor to Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad called the film an "American attempt for psychological warfare against Iran."
>According to The Guardian, Iranian critics of 300, ranging from bloggers to government officials, described the movie "as a calculated attempt to demonise Iran at a time of intensifying U.S. pressure over the country's nuclear programme."
>An Iranian government spokesman described the film as "hostile behavior which is the result of cultural and psychological warfare."
>Moaveni identified two factors that may have contributed to the intensity of Iranian indignation over the film. Firstly, she described the timing of the film's release, on the eve of Norouz, the Persian New Year, as "inauspicious." Secondly, Iranians tend to view the era depicted in the film as "a particularly noble page in their history." Moaveni also suggested that "the box office success of 300, compared with the relative flop of Alexander (another spurious period epic dealing with Persians), is cause for considerable alarm, signaling ominous U.S. intentions."
>Moaveni reported that the Iranians with whom she interacted were "adamant that the movie was secretly funded by the U.S. government to prepare Americans for going to war against Iran."
>300 continues to be a Taboo talk in Iran still to this day.

2/2.

if you like that xbox aesthetic

why? its homoerotic to the max. Most chuds are homophobes.

Mostly because of shit like this:
s1.webmshare.com/jx4YW.webm

The movie unironically was also blamed for the rape culture in college. Now THAT ONE i don't know how it started.

I always wondered how Synder can go from making one of the beloved zombie movies ever to making army of the dead. Then I realized dawn of the dead was written by James gunn

>300, particularly its pithy quotations, has been "adopted" by the student body of several colleges but most notably the Michigan State University (whose nickname is the Spartans), with chants of "Spartans, what is your profession?" becoming common at sporting events starting after the film's release, and Michigan State basketball head coach Tom Izzo dressed as Leonidas at one student event.
>Nate Ebner, a football player with the New England Patriots in the National Football League and formerly with the Ohio State Buckeyes, was nicknamed "Leonidas," after the Greek warrior-king hero of Sparta acted by Gerard Butler in the movie 300, because of his intense workout regimen, and his beard.

>Then I realized dawn of the dead was written by James gunn
It wasn't. James gunn wrote the first draft of the script and said script was so dumb nobody used it. It was then rewritten by two Oscar winners.
Gunn had come up with an elaborate sequence involving dogs.

dawn of the dead remake also sucks

>muzz complaining again
Imagine my shock.
Pretty much any country could say the same, Germany and Japan for the WWII movies, every countries in general for the constant caricatures etc...

Because it used a particular style

Attached: FKjfZ8HXoAMAGw7.jpg (1080x1127, 243.03K)

Good morning the sun if do black we do fight in dark sirs
good mornings

It has it's style. Some faint memory that every shot should look like painting or some shit whatever they were going for

I don't remember that. Did he actually do that? I'll have to watch the movie again.

What an absolutely retarded take

But Zack Snyder IS a muslim brother. Inshalah.

Attached: zsmuslim.png (586x467, 163.81K)

wtf

you can't really blame them. Xerxes' design was insulting

Zack Snyder is pulling the same shitty style for his Norse movie for Netflix.

Attached: Ring Cycle.jpg (1920x960, 308.83K)

xerxes was a tall and hot Chad

Ephialtes, it means nightmare btw

There's a reason why Snyder has a big Muslim following.

Attached: zs muslim energy.png (590x559, 272.78K)

How they explain to themselves Snyder turning Joker into a muslim terrorist in the Snydercut?

Attached: muslim joker.png (595x435, 243.37K)

no just how could someone tell that that's the Quran from that shitty image?

YOU ARE WRONG LEONIDAS
YOU ARE WRONG

That doesn't look too bad

The promotional image is fucking wild.

Attached: FEau9oAXsAwrH-4.jpg (1934x2048, 671.47K)

>respects muzzies
>respects christians
>respects jews
Is there a man more based? Holy fuck.

Attached: 2.png (897x898, 526.09K)