So I was thinking, following the recent trend in Hollywood...

So I was thinking, following the recent trend in Hollywood, they should ignore all the movies after Aliens and make make a new direct sequel where Ripley is an old lady who has trained her whole life for a rematch with the Alien creature.

Attached: download (39).jpg (300x168, 6.17K)

KYS
if that's the story, just do a new character

Why would she need to train when she already killed it on her first try
And why would she go out of her way to find another different alien just to kill it

>KYS
No, u

>Why would she need to train when she already killed it on her first try
>And why would she go out of her way to find another different alien just to kill it
Thats what we have writers for.

Off the top of my head? She's been training simply out of paranoia. She's already had to fight the alien creature on more than one occasion, she wouldnt be crazy to think there might be another.

And she wouldnt need to go out of her way to find them, Maybe the Weyland Corp was finally able to bring an egg to earth or something and shes thinks shes the only one that can stop them.

I'd rather have it be a xenomorph revenge storyline from the xenomorphs pov. They are supposed to be intelligent and advanced (mothership in original movie). Have the xenomorphs hunt down Ripley or humans to exact revenge

Im ok with a direct sequel to aliens but have Newt be the protag this time. Ripley can either be dead or make a cameo.

>mothership in original movie
That ship wasn't theirs, retard. It was the space jockey's. The Aliens themselves have been shown to be nothing but mindless hive beasts

True, t wasn't their but their species doesn't originate on lv426. How did they infest the space jockey's ship? In Alien3 it can tell Ripley has one growing inside her which implies some intelligence of sorts. Make an alien movie from their perspective and make them out to get revenge on Ripley for killing a queen

Lame idea but interesting setup. Just do what we’ve always wanted to see, the xenos get to Earth and we have to fight them

>get to Earth
But how and why? I say make them do it intentionally to find Ripley and her kin to kill them horrifically

>where Ripley
Stopped reading. Ripley either settles down with Hicks and Newt to live a quiet life or throws herself into the foundry to kill the queen chestburster.

Come up with a new character for Christ's sake. Ripley isn't Sarah Conner.

>recent trend
terminator
texas chainsaw massacre
halloween
where else?

lame and mediocre.
it's simple: adapt giger desings.
that's it.
try to avoid going for a theatrical mainstream audience type of movie, just go crazy with the visuals, effects, concepts and creatures.

I like both of these posts.
A new Alien film should be set 50 years after Alien 3, about a new hero who has heard about the aliens from Ripley's logs or whatever and is preparing to go toe-to-toe with a new alien queen or some shit

that's dumber than shit. kys

That's dumber than shit aswell OP. Its nostalgia bait. Stop bringing back old characters for ONE LAST MATCH. It shows a lack of creativity.

This is the answer. They should have kept with spooky 12 foot tall space jockey

I'll give a better plot:

Ultra religious Catholics are in cryosleep and are basically waiting thousands of years to reach a far off habitable planet. The ship goes off course, crashes onto a hostile planet. Turns out the planet is a nightmarish giger hellscape and they have to endure life there since, initially, it appears to be abandoned.

Of course their being there has major consequences challenging their faith and their attempts to avoid death / convergence in the new hostile environment.

Subtext: They're stuck in a purgatory/Hell and have only each other and their faith as a means to get out

>mindless hive beasts
They know how to switch off the light.

sigourney weaver is fucking 90. she fighting aliens is pathetic for her story and pathetic for the franchise itself. it's not about Ripley, it's about the alien.
The alien is not "a guy she met at a bar" it's a whole species. The whole point of the space jokey is to point out how the humans just so happened to cross paths with this creature that exists for millions of years. there's probably a planet somewhere infested with these filthy things. you mean to tell me stupid 90 year old Ripley fighting one queen out of millions are cool? then, the first movie must be garbage for you. the derelict, the vast spaceship the dead creature, all that story and all that concept can be contained in to a story of a stupid 90 year old beating up aliens?

Attached: spacejockeyhead341.jpg (1200x816, 136.63K)

Good plot. But the majority of fans will root for the aliens to decimate the religious freaks. These days the villains seem to be supported the most which is why I'd like to see an Alien movie with them as the protagonists. Make them invade Earth to get to Ripley's descendants

Sigourney Weaver was too old in Alien 4, and that came out 25 years ago.

Did you reply to the wrong post? Or are you illiterate?