Whitewashing in Hollywood

Remember when Sir Anthony Hopkins played Othello, the dark-skinned Moop?

Attached: othello.jpg (1000x1333, 80.87K)

>high-paying consumers demand white cast in media
>producers enforce white cast in their media

Reminder that everyone complaining about whitewashing is a dirty commie who hates the law of supply and demand

>greatest role for a black man in the history of English drama
>he's a cuck

kek

based

Orson Welles' Othello was pretty based.
But he's not. He's manipulated into believing he is.

Based autist. We are expected to ignore that fact for the sake of humor.

>Whitewashing in Hollywood
That's clearly a british production, you could at least posted the Orson Welle's version

Moors aren't black, you dumb bitch.

>Orson Welles' Othello
I could have, and his version is kino. However, this version is superior.

What color is he user? Brownish?

Attached: Gloeden,_Wilhelm_von_(1856-1931)_-_n._0203_-_Giovane_arabo_-_Taschen_p.79.jpg (768x1024, 254.62K)

cuck is a state of mind. Othello's insecurities live in his head rent free.

Has anyone had the chance to see based Denzel in MacBeth? He's in it along with Francis Normand and that meme actor Harry Melling with the wee beady eyes.

I know we joke about blackwashing but Denzel is a GOAT actor who could play anyone.

same for this guy.
I know it's a meme to bitch about race/gender reversals in Shakespeare but that's literally never been a problem. The plays are designed to be performed by troupes and if you dont have an exact type you had to go with the actors you had. And as OP points out Hopkins Othello was supposed to be a Moor not a true black person.

You're right, they are whiter than you.

As I recall Othello I think this is true. Iago was a coveteous jew who coveted the woman but Desemona was supposed to be a manipulator who manipulated both men, right? I remember reading othello in 7th grade drama it's a little hazy.

despite his dark complection he has prominently caucasian features. the chin, the nose, the brow, the jaw and the ears. he even has straight hair.

No. Iago has personal gain as his motive, but he doesn't want Desdemona. Desdemona herself is true and unblemished. Othello's rage is built entirely upon lies from one he trusted (Iago).

>>your wife is probably cheating on you
>AHHHH IM GOING INSANE
the power of shakespearian writing

Technically you're both wrong. Iago's motives weren't specified in the story and are only speculated upon. It's part of what contributes to making Iago the greatest villain of all time.

>a jew
no
>wants to fuck Desdemona
no
>Desdemona manipulated anybody
no
Your 7th grade school was dogshit, you took away nothing and it would have been a better use of taxpayer money if you had been tested for intellectual capacity at 12 and instead of not being able to read Othello you were taught a low-level physical skill like furniture assembly or machine riveting.

My English teacher said she sometimes wondered if Iago was a closeted fag and that's what the whole toothache was alluding to, waking up with a raging insatiable boner.

>The plays are designed to be performed by troupes
And men in dresses, but I still don't want to see Tom hardy as Juliet.

*sticks on a giant fake nose to play Shylock*

I suppose you're technically right but Iago does claim he was passed over for a promotion and I believe Othello does promise him a position as lieutenant at some point. But his true motives do become very nebulous as his focus seems to be the destruction of Othello himself.

nigga news "we wuz shakespeare" shit is going to be 100% canon and taught in school in our lifetime. Denying it will get you in trouble

Hollywood: whitewashing is a travesty. The opposite is bold and right.