Why do American remakes of British shows exist even though it's the same fucking language?

Why do American remakes of British shows exist even though it's the same fucking language?

Attached: BE5FBDD7-5ABC-4C98-824D-D74213AD008C.jpg (1920x1080, 447.24K)

Did that guy really star in his own remake?

yes, it was fucking horrible

i miss joel mchale

Obviously, very different humor. I'm neither so I appreciate both but prefer british for a number of reasons. Also that peep show remake is gonna suck

Kevin Hart in BLACKED Adder.

I can imagine that. I enjoyed the show at the time, but unfortunately I seem to be stuck in the generation that like to quote the off and on again line all the time. Overtime I've grown to hate it.

British TV and American TV is very different, see the Office. British office is more bleak and realistic, American Office is more ridiculous but heartwarming too. Both are fantastic in there own rights. I think in this case they wanted another Office but they couldn't pull it off

Culture is different, UK is posh cunts and USA is fat cunts

Btw posh doesn't mean they are fancy, they just pretend they are

There are a certain very annoying character types that grate on our ears so we replace them with our own domestic annoying character types. For example le sarcastic sharp talking know it all faggot is a common british type that we hate. We replace that type usually with le based chill know it all faggot

>UK is posh cunts
UK is probably the trashiest of the anglo countries in reality

Because "hello" is more pleasant on America ears than "OI, MATE!"

Because saying "$1,500" is more pleasant than saying "A BAG OF SAND AND A MONKEY."

Because we don't know what aluminium is, but it frightens and enrages us!

That will always be America.

The best and most beloved American comedy shows are remakes of British shows so it's easy to see why they do it. The move used to be to take working class English characters and switch them with black Americans, but white working class people don't get on British tv anymore so the pipeline doesn't work.

>Why do American remakes of British shows exist even though it's the same fucking language?
Because Americans ruin EVERYTHING.

Not really posh, just more polite and civilized

Norman Lear was such a fucking fraud
>Steptoe and Son...but BLACK!
>Til Death Do Us Part...but in NEW YORK!

cultural hegemony, expect Chinese remakes of western shows in the coming decade

Because fuck you faggots

The whole reason IT crowd was so good was because of moss and roys chemistry. They couldn't replicate that and so American version failed.

Joel would make a terrible Roy. The casting is so bad.

You scared the absolute shit out of me thinking there was some failed USA blackadder reboot that was made with Kevin Hart (could it work if he was Baldrick?)

The British are so unfunny in such a specifically retarded way normal people can't tolerate their "humor" at all. Everything that could possibly make money over seas has to be sterilized of any angloid influence or audiences will die of cringe.

This except replace British with American. British comedy is lightyears ahead of American "comedy".

Every British show well into the 2000s and 2010s had a laugh track and looked like absolute dogshit

It's humour m8

reddit

so sick of this balding faggot

I WISH HE WAS JEWISH. I wish. Cause it would explain why they try to make him into a thing. But he isn't. He's just...bad.

Attached: did-joel-mchale-have-hair-transplant-proof.jpg (400x281, 26.8K)

Nice try