/film/

Thread for the discussion of arthouse films and classic cinema.

Resurrection Edition

>/film/ literature
mega.nz/folder/OVIDlQTJ#7L4e8TGqNnbJEFqQzaf8lw
>/film/ charts
mega.nz/folder/DtpiBSjT#PFN4YVpwqQRDL7r2_ZKXUw
>/film/ directors directory
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qgdYsMPAaFWrAa_7EHLpXqpOHLaDLmytM9wJ5nhGtqs/edit?usp=sharing
>but user, how do I make webms with MPV?
github.com/ekisu/mpv-webm

Attached: tqm.jpg (1447x1059, 688.76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qM0zINtulhM
discord.gg/gVfUccQar6
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtu.be/qM0zINtulhM

watched this one the other day and was very surprised

I'd already seen the Michael Cimino version, so I knew the story (traditional romantic bandit story killed by hubris); but the italian version is weird

it's like an abstract version of Battle Of Algiers, where everything is about the context of the main character

Attached: Salvatore.Giuliano.1962.webm (1208x652, 1.47M)

great photography and sound btw, everything shot in real locations almost without professional actors

What are some aesthetic samurai films?
No Kurosawa please.

Attached: MV5BMzkwNTQwMjAxNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODExMTMwNw@@._V1_.jpg (2048x1431, 335.79K)

Oharu, Kwaidan, Onibaba, 47 ronin, Sword of doom...

Based, I appreciate your webms.

As much as I enjoyed this general, it's no longer sustainable. We can't keep pity-bumping every 30 minutes, this board is just too fast.

Join the minimalist server, no tranny shit (except for a guy who likes trannies) discord.gg/gVfUccQar6

Based.

The discord is already completely ruined by the retards who post there the most. And barely half the discussion is even about /film/.

It's always someone else's fault isn't it? How about you post about films?

I've tried, but it's no use when every time you come back here are 50+ off-topic posts by complete retards.

kuroneko

you're welcome

Attached: kuroneko.1960.webm (1404x598, 1.07M)

I got burned out and haven't seen a new film in over a month. I haven't felt that feeling of having experienced something life changing when walking out of a theater in a long time.
Anybody got any recs? Anything you think is great or whatever the last film to give you this feeling was

I finished Dekalog after watching 1 episode per month (+1 including "Krótki film o milosci" movie, I had already watch "Krótki film o zabijaniu" time ago), and somehow discover that the odd numbers episodes are better than the even numbers episodes

3 > 1 > 7 > 5 > 6 > 9 > 10 > 4 > 2 > 8
Do you have any favorite Dekalog episode? If excluding Krótki film o milosci, which is the best, I'll choose the Number 3.

Attached: MV5BZWIzNDIzMTYtN2RiZS00NjA1LWFjNzMtOWQ0MDYxNWI1YTJiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg (1400x2048, 745.61K)

I was in the 'modern cinema is shit' mood but watched pic related and was blown away. So now I'll have to check other films, anything else from 2021 worth checking?

Attached: 670C63CE-8847-4E08-841B-27649EFFC4C3.jpg (1000x1472, 116.19K)

It's always fascinating how Charles, who doesn't care about anything, shows respect to religion, yet still seems unable to take anything from it. At the meeting in the church many people voice their criticism towards the church yet Charles remains silent. Then he quotes Victor Hugo on how god is in the temple but leaves when a priest arrives. After that he goes to sleep at a church with religious music in the background. Maybe here is his mistake: he wants the religious experience, he wants the brief illumination. But in the universe in this movie that would probably be just another form of pleasure, like a drug, and after the religious experience, the void is still intact.

Attached: EB04803A-6F96-4800-9D13-14F638FDD728.jpg (539x716, 98.08K)

Attached: HardToBeAGod.jpg (1280x720, 89.69K)

Criterion gets it right once again

Attached: Screenshot 2022-03-18 at 16.16.04.png (1106x1384, 848.48K)

bump for posterity
I need some historical epics about antiquity

Why are they putting out so many new titles