Digital Recording ruined Television & Film

Digital Recording ruined Television & Film.

Attached: digital-filmff.jpg (1920x1632, 603.99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0yPdglgu_5w
youtube.com/watch?v=et6Zr9ZoR9Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yes

Attached: TheFavourite_0105.jpg (1920x1040, 1.05M)

yes. I wish I could think of a time when an industry or medium collectively made a huge mistake like this, realized it, and then went back to the way things were before

Why does digital look so soulless?
Can't they film the same thing with a digital and film camera and then train an AI to spot the differences and replicate the film one?

at least post two comparable scenes, you dumbfuck

It looks too realistic.

Maybe next time compare similar lighting? You couldn't have chosen a worse picture than flat exterior lighting with the main source behind the actor.

Why though? Is film worse at capturing light that leads to the shadows looking darker than in real life? The shadows seem to be way more dramatic on film. Can't they replicate this digitally?

Looks like common Youtube videos, not actual cinema. We've been conditioned to distinguish common home videos and cinema. However since they also record cinema in digital (you don't "shoot" as in film) that line is blurred. Now we have $200m blockbusters that look like cheap Youtube productions.

"digital" ruined every artform it has touched

Attached: download.jpg (259x194, 9.67K)

The shot qould have to be composed entirely differently if they had shot it on film. So you can't just do 1:1 comparison. Film requires more work at set with lightning and angles so that shot would look different with film entirely. With digital, you get so much light and it's so cheap and easy to record, no care is taken to have elaborate light and shadow sources.

Fast and Furious 9 was filmed in 35mm why don't you post that instead of a 20 year old film for comparison?

digital movies only look bad when you put no effort to make them look good. Take cold war or knives out for example. They look great while being digital.

It probably triggers the uncanny valley to a bigger extent, we probably see the resolution/framerate and see it's close to reality but not quite there. With film there're more imperfections so it's less real.
I think a similar comparison is Wallace and Gromit vs the new grubhub movie, same/similar art style and both have "realistic" lighting/materials but you can feel the limitations and work that went into W&G.

Are you retarded
One is two characters in an interior, one is hundreds of characters in exterior where the sun is shining and bouncing off all those bald heads.

youtube.com/watch?v=0yPdglgu_5w
here's a suggestion, you can compare the swedish and the american version of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
one was shot in 35mm and the other with Red cameras

youtube.com/watch?v=et6Zr9ZoR9Y

And I'm saying with film, the shot in below would have to be composed differently, to the point where you can't really do a 1:1 frame comparison.

Yes you can, the point of digital is being more versatile. Lower the ISO and use more lights, and you get 95% of the "film look"

do they do shit in older films now? i has surghery two weeks ago and i saw braveheart while i was in hospital. shit looked homemade

Probably interpolation