/trek/

Take the Knee Edition
Previous:

Attached: unknown.jpg (740x557, 66.44K)

Attached: 1630014122836.jpg (2560x1061, 182.39K)

>If a Home Depot bathroom stall was a human

Attached: CB64C0AB-E806-4054-B539-67E6D36375EC.jpg (923x904, 401.26K)

#
Like 75% of Star Trek episodes have as a plot point some kind of racial characteristic of an alien race. Star Trek is inherently "racist" in that sense. It recognizes that racial characteristics are a thing and they often matter to the outcome of an episode.

I don't understand how globohomo worshippers like you can enjoy Star Trek. The Federation is basically the Confederate States of America in Spaaaace per TOS: The Cloud Minders, or maybe even NATO. States' rights are basically absolute, even to the point of near-slavery or, possibly, actual slavery (Ardana).

I always skip these episodes they’re just too fucking cringe. He actually manages to out cringe Barclay in the holodeck. At least Barclay is just fucking a simulacrum of his therapist

Attached: 883B4943-95BD-4572-83E1-E7837B8E9BEA.jpg (500x382, 72.28K)

TNG has not aged well. Honestly only TOS has survived the test of time. Most of TOS is as fresh today as the day it came out.

(sobbing) I just want my Lower Decks third season, man

This episode was interesting for reasons that had nothing to do with any romantic tension.

I really liked the back and forth about the designs and schematics of a ship not being practical out in deep space and that chief engineers have to adapt and try new things. Making a clean, shiny, new ship perform to X standards seems easily at Utopia Planetia, but in combat or during actual space travel near unknown quantities can be very daunting.

The first two seasons are the best because they’ve still got the remnants of some TOS weirdness to them. Like right on the cusp of when sci fi shows became pre-canned

>Most of TOS is as fresh today as the day it came out.
It really is. While NuTrek is already dated. I hate the floaty holograms, bros.

Disagree. Probably a generational thing but Tos was boring for me when Tng was captivating

Seeing what Takai has become has ruined his character for me. Luckily he doesn’t have much of a presence

You know it’s gonna be bad, right? It has the same producers who will demand more propaganda in the show.

Attached: squidway.png (278x354, 93.42K)

Why did she never do a cross over

Attached: DEAAAB1F-0B96-4ACE-91EE-4912786C3C84.png (2000x3000, 3.85M)

I’m fucking tired of seeing Takei’s deranged political rants on Twitter. This man literally doesn’t think about anything else, total brain rot.

Attached: E0F91790-F50C-4BCE-BBD8-B886B681E91E.jpg (750x643, 281.98K)

Who is best girl and why is it T'Pol?

It's been said in many of the series, multiple times over, that a new Federation member world can only join when that world is united as one. It's so that the Federation doesn't have to deal with warring nations, or groups that would use Federation membership as a crutch militarily or economically.

Best example is TNG, S07E08 "Attached", the Kes of Kesprytt 3 want to join the Federation, but the Prytt of that same planet are isolationists.

Picard and Crusher talk about this at length in that episode.

Sulu is a good dude. You have to differentiate him from the sickening faggot who portrays him.

Why would a marginalised gay Japanese man (who was affected by internment camps) be outspoken about politics? hmmm....

So far, so good. There's the guy from Rick and Morty and Solar Opposites at the helm so at the very least, I don't see Mike letting a politician making a self agrandizing cameo (at least not without making jokes at the cameo expense)

Probably dementia, I don't think he was like this several years ago.

I don't know, user, why?

>(who was affected by internment camps)
>implying the internment camps were real
Takei is evil for upholding that lie. The political derangement () is the least of his wrongs.

Probably because faggots and immigrants both insufferably arrogant so being both at the same time is just overkill

Fuck off back to your containment board LARPer

Because if you're affected by politics then you're going to try your hardest to resist prominent rhetoric and discourse that disempowers you.

user, the liberals are a dominant political force in the United States. They won a long time ago.

>LARPer
Do you even know what that word means?

You go back to your server first, Lower Decks Discord Shill. Don't you have to go cry to them about how inhospitable this place is to your untruths unlike your anime picture and CalArts fan art-infested safe spaces?

>containment board
>anyone who questions the narrative and what celebrities are telling you to think is a conservative
>go back to Any Forums
Jesus, when did /trek/ get infested with plebbitors and retards?