The Ghibli anime artstyle is disgusting and shouldn't be allowed to inspire our western cartoons...

The Ghibli anime artstyle is disgusting and shouldn't be allowed to inspire our western cartoons. Big bean mouths are bad.

Attached: 1630608496582.jpg (1233x870, 627.7K)

Cool opinion bro

Attached: 0B514B7B-C5FD-4264-BA4E-7C209DD67D5B.jpg (490x493, 76.81K)

yet you post one of the best examples where the style works well.

Miyazaki's style is unusual among Japanese animators because he was so strongly influenced by Western cartoons my bro. Big bean mouth is straight outta Peanuts and Little Lulu

>captcha: KYS Y0

Attached: -lucy-van-pelt.jpg (736x576, 28.89K)

Dont care, didnt ask

Attached: who-tf-asked-nasas-radar-dish.gif (498x306, 3.5M)

I fucking hate anime so much.

Speaking of Ghibli, I watched Ocean Waves last night and it was kino as all fuck. Unusually mature and complex characterization for an anime. I used to live in Kichijoji too so it was fun seeing my local train station again. Highly recommended.

Attached: f529dbce-4912-4cd9-a73b-e0bae1247634_w728.jpg (728x404, 63.73K)

to articulate the difference between ghibli and calarts: ghibli has natural resting faces. their mouths return to normal, meaning it's an obvious expression. for calarts the bean mouth is their default expression, meaning they always look like they're emoting.

Cool, you will still never be a woman though

soijak did it first

It's OK when they do it because it has sovl.

Attached: common pepe.jpg (976x850, 87.1K)

This looks wholesome and fun. It works because it's not CGI and the anatomy and animation are otherwise realistic and not just cheap budget cuts.

If you don't like Totoro and Kiki's Delivery Service you are probably an insufferable person. Those movies are totally dripping with pure condensed soul.

seriously fucking kill yourself zoomershit cunts using zoomer fag reaction images twitter nigger cunts

Chihiro's design in Spirited Away is geniunely good

>If you don't like Totoro and Kiki's Delivery Service you are probably an insufferable person. Those movies are totally dripping with pure condensed soul.

Attached: 1632209095665.png (2077x1161, 813.65K)

Based user.
>Unusually mature and complex characterization for an anime
You should check out Only Yesterday if you haven't already.

Because western cartoon was historically so beautiful and realistic

Attached: western animation.png (410x340, 305.78K)

The artstyle is fine, but I've always hated these scenes with weird mouth in totoro, they look deranged.

you have to be mentally and emotionally stunted to enjoy anime right? like that's why it's appealing to the people on this site? even this ghibli stuff which is considered top class just feels infantilizing, like im regressing into a child that cannot think objectively and critically and you just let muh feels take the reigns. like any other anime schlock, paper thin characters, things just happen for reasons and then it's over. explain weebs. why is anime so bad and why is none of it for adults.

Attached: 1623585869687.jpg (466x644, 52.52K)

>unusual among Japanese animators because he was so strongly influenced by Western cartoons
>strongly influenced by Western cartoons
>Unusual
>among Japanese animators

all these arthoes revering the films one of the biggest lolicons to ever grace the face of the earth amuses me to no end

Attached: 1638611798167.jpg (300x301, 20.38K)

Attached: 547546545454.jpg (574x554, 138.97K)

That's the whole point, to show humanity's feral side

It doesn't, you just have nostalgia googles.

This. Is a choice of style.

The calart shit is the contrary of that, is not a style, is a fucking template that use for all their shit.
If you are going to compare to totoro compare the characters, message, animation... Both of them having big mouths ( and for the MC is just in few screaming scenes) and the mother of all nickpicks

I would rape both of these bitches to within an inch of their lives.

What? This would have made sense if it was about Princess Mononoke but the post you quoting is talking about Totoro.

>Look Mei, is a faggot

Attached: 8f5467a2fef7e2208f95b9337b845b2e.jpg (499x280, 25.2K)