Why in movies does chinese take out always come in these boxes?

Why in movies does chinese take out always come in these boxes?
Ive had plenty of chinese food from plenty of places and not once was it served in these boxes.
Is it a burgerland thing?

Attached: 1576057830Chinese-Take-Out-Boxes-Wholesale.jpg (730x490, 41.84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SAmeMF1b_jU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What country you in, fren? I've never seen them in the UK.

In america, all the chinese places I've ever ordered from come in these boxes

From fried rice to beef lomagne

I know it's always ugly silver trays

It's only used for leftovers here, most places either use a styrofoam bowl or box for to go orders.

definitely an American thing. it's also comfy and familiar. go watch prisoners.

Every Chinese take out I've been to in the UK had those boxes

Those boxes were invented in America and used by American-Chinese restaurants for a long time. Most don't use them anymore though.

It makes food look more tasty than styrofoam containers
youtube.com/watch?v=SAmeMF1b_jU

combo plates and platters come in the silver trays or plastic containers, everything else comes from the carton. eating lo mein straight from the carton is kino.

>Is it a burgerland thing?

Yeah, they're not as common as they used to be. They still tend to serve rice in them but my local Chinese place uses plastic for anything with sauce.

They're mainly for style and anyway eating out of them isn't even that great because when you reach the end you have to reach in a bit and you get sauce and shit on your hand.

We literally get Chinese food in these boxes

I've seen both. A lot of it comes in standard Styrofoam carryout containers, but sometimes I see the little AH SOU boxes (most notably with pho ingredients)

The place I order from puts the rice and entrees in plastic trays but they still use the paper boxes for the sauce packets, fortune cookies, napkins, etc.

>Is it a burgerland thing?
This is crazy to me that someone made this post. In American 'movies', which to you is 'movies', you see American customs and traditions. But then you actually got confused why you don't see them around you, as if you too live in America. But then you say at the end that you don't - so you know. You know you aren't in America but you still made the post? What the FUCK is happening in your mind?

I think it's more asking for confirmation that [thing] really is done in America or if it's just done in movies. Like asking if cage dancers at frat parties are an American thing, what they're really asking is
>do Americans really

Chow mein>Low mein

what about all the take away noodle joints?

pan fried noodles>chow mein>low mein

Why lie?