Best show I've seen in the past 2 years, by far

Best show I've seen in the past 2 years, by far.

Mind blowing, suspenseful, tragic and expertly paced.

Attached: images(5).jpg (190x266, 6.11K)

Go to bed Alex. This one was surface level as fuck and had a pretty trite ending. Stick to movies bud.

yikes lmao

it tried to do something different, explore ideas, experiment with concepts
so Any Forums shits on it and holds it to higher standards than it does with capeshit or japanese pedophile cartoons

It was great. Offerman's portrayal of a broken man with a God complex (whose ideology tells him everything is on rails) was something to watch. The only thing I hated was the main character's attempt at an American accent (which interfered with her acting to the point that it took me right out of the show multiple times per episode).

/tv hates this but thinks Ad Astra was deep. Garland respects his audience enough to put ideas in front of them and let them think for themselves. Gray had voice-over assuring you of how deep and meaningful what you were watching supposedly was.

Although the ballet dancing lead could barely act I found it very moving
I am not afraid to admit a teared up a little when she got with the other member of her race like God intended

Jesus christ, user.

The Dark Souls easter egg was also a lil cringe. But maybe that was just me

>Best show I've seen in the past 2 years, by far.
Is it also the only show you've seen in the past 2 years?

I think she can act but doing the accent was too much for her. I forget which episode it is now--but I bought into the part where she pretends to be mentally unstable (but it was just a rouse to steal from the guy's office or whatever). Anyway, that sequence was well-acted (it could also be attributed to the writing and directing though).

I don't know. She was really bad to the point of fucking up the show but she seemed like she had potential at times.

Shit sucked. Baby level philosophy propped up by absolutely wooden acting by everyone involved. One of those shows where everyone involved was high on their own farts. The ending was a total cop out.

>thinks Ad Astra was deep.
Do we really? Any thread i saw of it people only liked the space monke scene

That is a very clever and original joke user. I can tell why someone like you wouldn't enjoy Devs.

>it's actually DEUS
>hur hurr lil joke I made
More your speed user?

>It sucked! I'm smarter than it was and will present a subjective opinion that all the acting was bad (because even people who liked the show didn't like the main character). If you try to say it was good I'll say you're pretentious. The ending wasn't satisfying for everyone so I'll also assert the entire merit of the show boils down to this...
Anywhere else you can go from there pseud?

Fuck you faggot I WILL RAPE YOUR MOTHER IN HER SLEEP
I actually watched a bit of it and I enjoyed it. I think I just forgot about it one week and never came back to it. I'll finish it eventually im sure.

Shit made my whole family groan. That was the moment the show was cemented as full of crap.

Yeah idk what OP is smoking, Any Forums hates that movie.

I WILL DIG UP YOUR ANCESTORS AND PERFORM A SEANCE THAT WILL ALLOW ME TO RAPE YOUR GRANDMOTHER'S FUCKING SOUL FAGGOT!
The pacing was a little slow but it's worth it. Garland has strung together a lot of good stuff so far (I hope he's involved again if Dredd gets a sequel).

i'll make your family groan

Attached: pepe-spooky.png (1067x851, 238.93K)

He shadow directed Dredd tho, why would he not be in charge of the sequel?

>Garland respects his audience

Attached: 1619716982411.png (695x640, 374.91K)

The only awards it ever got nominated for, and never won, were for lighting and sound. The only actor that got nominated was Offerman, at a fucking CW award show.

That speaks volumes.

In comparison to something like Ad Astra and general Hollywood fair, I stand by that statement.
It's up in the air whether or not anything will be done with the property in the near future (let alone something based on the movie). Garland probably isn't afraid of being blacklisted because of financial shit, which is great, but who knows if he'll come back to it.
I don't care about awards shows faggot. Crash won Best Picture and the Harvestor hacked them in the 90s.

A decent concept. But the budget was so fucking low, and the ending so embarrassingly bad that it's overall a 6/10 show at best. That's the best I can do bro, what do you want me to do? What the fuck do you want me to do?

Pretty much this. Alex you need to up your game bro you're better than this.

The production was really nice. Great, striking visual and sound design.

Oh, as for the state of sci-fi in general I'll put it out there that all of the nominees for the Hugo for the past 2-4 years were women (and one tranny).

If you base your opinion off shit that a straight man would only watch (passively) because their girlfriend wants to see pretty dresses you're a faggot.

okay, is it devs? or deus?

Attached: huh.png (764x536, 57.83K)

it's DUNC

It's shit.

Although op's post sounds like reddit pasta, i'm bumping this thread because the show is legitimately good.