Why did HBO push the trope that black guys play chess and are master strategists...

Why did HBO push the trope that black guys play chess and are master strategists? The Wire pushed this angle hard as well. I never met one when I was in the military, and none of the grand chess masters are black guys? What gives, what did I miss?

Attached: loser.png (1366x768, 1.29M)

I'd explain it to you but it would be pointless because any answer I give you are just going to use your mental gymnastics to refute the answer using twisted Any Forums logic so it fits your narrative.

Please explain, I'm curious

Answer the question instead of wasting everybody's time.

You've missed the point entirely.

dem streetz be nowin thangz

Let me guess. Something something engineering society for the betterment of society? Some other circular justification maybe?

I don't want to be accused of using twisted sinister Any Forums logic.

Attached: FGCexSmXIAYU2Na.jpg (518x502, 34.29K)

t. That one weirdo from supply who radiated racist vibes and acted personally offended during EO and insider threat training

We all knew what you were, nigga

Attached: CCD5ADD0-EE86-47B8-931C-73EAD1863A01.jpg (1280x960, 203.75K)

Fresh came out in 1996

Attached: hhh.jpg (680x478, 54.68K)

The black detective in Taken 3 had a chess piece with him at all times.
That was fucking ridiculous. It's also ironically racist.
They think niggers need a chess piece to look smart.

Attached: 96-hours-taken-3-forest-whitaker-16-rcm260x260u.jpg (260x260, 12.37K)

The point of that scene is to show that Jackie Jr is so fucking stupid he gets outplayed by a nine year old black girl at chess

Way to miss the point, fuckwit

Black guys in the 90s loved chess. Especially RZA type black guys.

it's called propaganda user

Go on, I will bite. I am not on pol, I won't be an asshole.

No, I get it. Jackie Jr. had no patience foresight or intelligence. He didn't see it through or bother to learn from his mistakes. I am asking another question entirely you pretentious fuckhead. Answer the question or go away.

See

Attached: (((Italians))).png (850x669, 802.94K)

This they tried the same thing with spelling bee's years later

Chess is so simple even black people can be good at it, look at Chess hustlers. Chess is a meme.

No idea. That's what made me never give the wire a minute of my time. Saw some ignorant crack slinging baboons having a deep and philosophical conversation over a game of chess.
Literally laughing my fucking ass off.

>Why did HBO push the trope that black guys play chess and are master strategists?

There's one park in Harlem where a bunch of blacks play chess. White liberal New Yorkers saw it and jizzed all over themselves at the sight of blacks doing something that takes a modicum of intelligence and turned it into a meme that won't die.

Attached: Congrats for being black teens.png (800x600, 729.3K)

I remember playing chess with black kids in elementary school and they'd always try to play this bizarre version. Like they'd set up the pieces spaced out in 3 rows with the king in front. I'd chalk it up to just being dumb if it was just one of them, but they all tried to play like that.

This, playing chess is/was seen as a sign of intelligence. That doesn't mean they were good at it or knew shit about it, but the mere act of playing it was seen as a way of communicating to those around them that "I BE SMART N' SHEEIT".

Nowadays that'll get you a beat down because "U B TRYNA B A WYTEBOI HUH? UNCLE TOM HONKEY LOVIN ASS"

How can niggers play chess bros I'm going craaaaaaaaaaaaaazy.
Also in the wire scene, they didnt know how to play chess. They were playing checkers on a chess board. D'angelo corrected them.

>dis be dat hawsey, nawmeen? it be movin like disaways and dataways.