>2093

Attached: ax.jpg (1508x1080, 376.21K)

Axes have been with us for thousands of years, why wouldn't we take them to space?

why is it curved

That’s where the power comes from.

Power curves

It’s access and overhaul equipment for shipboard fire fighting. I think it triggers some peoples autism because the movie has shit like a hyper advanced medical table that can give you a free alien abortion in seconds and shit but nobody appears to have made a futuristic laser cutter or some shit from dead space to deal with access and overhaul for damage control.

>his isn't curved

I mean would they be less autistic if she used some hyper advanced 3D printer to make the axe, or some Star Trek fabricator? Sometimes you just need to chop something really hard with a sharp edge, and axes have been handy for that for the bulk of human history.

Attached: 1502299146088.png (464x502, 326.99K)

I guess they should have taken a dog too

its 2093 not 5093 retard
of course axes will still exist by then and be used for firefighting, they have been since the 1800's

Did you see those archaeologists from South Africa? They have curved space axes. Curved. Space axes.

why isn't she wearing 60 masks?

Yeah of course they should have. We will be colonizing the inside of black holes ten thousand years from now and still be bringing man's best friend along for the ride. Cats can get fucked though.

What was the purpose of this meme? I never under stood it even back then. It's an Axe, a wedge is a simple tool that has been used for millennia, it's effective and cheap to make/store/keep and easy to use in that form. The application of what she used it for was logical.

This meme was too avante garde for me

Covid had evolved a symbiotic relationship with humanity by this point.
The people irked with this would be totally cool if she whipped out a short handle, pushed a button and an axe haft and blade of pure plasma (pick yer color) spring from it, and she can wield it because her micro-organism count is high enough.

Attached: 1384395184693.png (505x477, 270.45K)

>Ah, yes, the axe is too unlikely to roll in your grip and smack someone with the side of the head, it's high time we fix that design flaw.
>Let's make it out of cheap hollow plastic and make the bit completely flat and a quarter inch wide rather than those primitive SHARP axes
>Don't even bother sanding down the seams lol

>What was the purpose of this meme?
virgins that believe axes only exist in lumberjack cartoons

i understood this reference

Yeah probably. It’s a dumb sci-fi movie about alien rape monsters and a big whitoid that won’t even talk killing people in old man makeup. Give her something to make the scene seem memorable. If she’d busted out a big plasma cutter and started cutting off chunks people would remember that, other than the meme images shared here of the axe I can’t even recall the scenes where she uses it. Sometimes you’ve got to embrace the schlock.

Anyone who's worked for a really large company understands that they DO go totally fucking cheap on shit like this. Someone saved the company a few million with cheap fucky axes (nothings made of wood, we don't use paper anymore, what will catch on fire?) and pocketed a nice bonus/promotion.

Nobody would sell that as anything other than a childs toy. I don't know the context of the image, but while they might cheap out on a fire axe, they wouldn't try and use a plastic lightsaber as one.

isn't the meme that the axe is curved forward for no other reason than to make it somehow futuristic

why

>free alien abortion
It was a c-section.

no

Ironicly, that would significantly lower the amount of force behind your swing.

We use curved axes today. The real question is why there's a fucking axe when we should have something more advanced by then.

Same way no one uses swords anymore.

People still uses axes as tools though, sometimes you want a tool that won't break down/doesn't require fuel/doesn't make a shitload of noise/doesn't pollute in the refined, limited air of a SPACECRAFT.

>The real question is why there's a fucking axe when we should have something more advanced by then.
there will always be uses for regular axes aboard vessels 500 years from now.

This. Sometimes you don't have time to fetch the power equipment, make sure it is fueled/powered, prime it/make sure the safety guards are intact...sometimes you just need to cut/chop in a big hurry.

what do you suggest

You're still thinking in terms of today's technology and what it needs. By the 2090s, any child should be able to form a mono-molecular nano cutter from their arm or open a rift in space-time to wield a warp blade of null energy.

you're as dumb as people in the 50s that thought there would be flying cars in the year 2000

Man, I was born the year of the Moon Landing, and I was assured that by the year 2000 we'd all be jet-packing to the starbase to get a ticket to the amusement park on the moon, wishing we had enough money to visit the resort on Mars.

>why do they have this bludgeoning and cutting tool that has no moving or mechanical parts
what is in the water

This is literally why the meme exists. The axe is curved. No one gives a fuck just because it's an axe and there's plenty of other axes in Aliens and other sci-fi.
Post examples of modern extremely curved axes