Our flag means death

watched the first 20 minutes, almost died of cringe overdose, then dropped it and deleted it.

hbo is really hit and miss nowadays huh?

Attached: 1833816.jpg (1013x1500, 672.46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vrGf4nJWVOU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I absolutely love Rhys Darby but i'm skipping this because it's written and directed by americans.

If I enjoyed Ghosts (UK), will I enjoy this too?

Attached: 1644503694573.jpg (1024x724, 80.22K)

it's kino. you got filtered

Look at all that diversity

Me liked it, better than that shit melodrama disguised as a pirate show Black Sails

pirates were diverse in real life, the poster looks cringe and unfunny tho so I won't be watching

I can't watch anything with taiki walkietalkie

If you want a better adaptation of the Stede Bonnet story, watch Internet Historian's version. It's actually funny as well as informative.

youtube.com/watch?v=vrGf4nJWVOU

>love pirates
>enjoyed What We Do in the Shadows
>sit down to watch this with gf last weekend
Holy shit it's so bad. Barely finished the first episode and have no desire to see any more. What happened?

I like the movie he made where a guy in a wheelchair beats up Jermaine clement.

seems like they didnt really treat the topic serious when it needed to be, or is the original this is based on the same?

hes unironi genuinely funny and also has one of the most weirdest voices in the biz, only david lynch comes close.

They forgot to make it funny

I mean, the story of Stede Bonnet is pretty cringe in and of itself. Basically a pompous rich kid who wanted to play pirate, got lucky once or twice, still got caught almost immediately, and tried to use his wealth and good looks to get out of being executed. Didn't work. But my issue was that the trailer hyped it up as being a dark pirate comedy with a huge pool of talent and great writing, and the show is just... not funny.

There's a couple sensible chuckles, but I didn't laugh once

Taika Waititi might be one of the least funny people on the planet. Everything I tried to watch that was made by him was terrible.

Pirates were diverse. Look at moby dick. I hate woke shit, but this actually makes sense. Its still aawful desu

yeah, i exactly had the same thoughts about watching 20 minutes of it.

Eagle vs Shark is good fuck you!

Also Flight of the Conchords.

Internet Historian's video is unironically way better and funnier

you seriously didnt like thor ragnarok?

HBO has been hit and miss since the beginning

this