So he didn't actually kill a single person, right?

So he didn't actually kill a single person, right?

Attached: Psycho.jpg (1200x795, 159.88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LubfmAdQBS0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He just forgot he cleaned his axe

It's hard to say. He might have had a mental breakdown after killing the one dude and hallucinated the rest

Attached: 1588302917058.gif (350x255, 1.78M)

He did. No one cared enough to make a fuss about it though. Real estate agent just re-painted the apartment. Everyone else just went with the flow.

So what was the point? That he lived in such a fake soulless social rung that even being a psycho murderer couldn't grant him individuality? I don't get it.

Read the book.

I think it's impossible that he killed Paul Allen since it shows him dragging a body bag out the front door in public with a big blood streak on the ground. He then gains access to the apartment with Allen's key and when the one hooker escapes she runs through the whole building without a single person hearing her screaming or noticing. Also, later he shoots the doorman and the janitor and then replays entering the building and not shooting them. Essentially all the murders have to be taken as fantasies because of this.

i can't read, can you sum it up?

NO, I may read the book soon, don't spoil it

The point is that whether those people actually died or not is pointless because society around him is still functionning the same as usual. Nothing changes

plus the fucking chainsaw drop

>kills old lady
>leaves body in street
>runs through heavily populated area
>kills two cops and blows up patrol car
>leaves bodies and car wreck in street
>guns down multiple witnesses while making escape
>leaves trail of bodies
youtube.com/watch?v=LubfmAdQBS0
I can believe no one cares about the whores, and even his high profile victims are murdered indoors and disposed of with no witnesses. There's no way you could go on a spree like vid related, though, without someone caring enough to investigate.
For him to get away with this, someone would have to be actively covering for him. It's mentioned that his father "practically owns" the company he works for, so maybe it's his family connections working behind the scenes for him.

Attached: AmericanPsychoCarBlast1-e1542266912620-1024x559.jpg (1024x559, 41.61K)

Right, and the scene immediately changes to him just drawing a picture of the chainsaw in her body, pretty obviously implying it was all in his imagination

>Americans finish work / school
>nonstop midwit threads

Attached: groosss.jpg (668x742, 88.03K)

>his high profile victims are murdered indoors and disposed of with no witnesses.
He drags Paul Allen's body through the lobby with a great big long blood trail and the doorman watches him and then two people meet him on the street as he loads the body into the taxi. All through the movie he doesn't bother hiding his trail because it's all just a fantasy.

It's up to interpretation.

it was all in his head, who claims otherwise is retarded

A constantly recurring theme is that all these guys are so interchangeable in appearance that nobody can tell them apart. In the book, except when he arrives somewhere with people who already know him, absolutely everyone mistakes him for somebody else, he's called probably over a dozen different names throughout.

Even if he did do all the murders, all out in the open, nobody's be able to pin it on him without forensics anyway since he's essentially a mannequin who gets mistaken for a hundred different people like he's wearing a literal mask at all times.

>muh realism
>muh plot holes
Cinema Sins and the rest of movie reviewer YouTube really did a number on zoomie brains. You aren't supposed to take the story literally. It's not a story about a schizo having a meltdown. American Psycho is anti-capitalist satire. The point is that people like Bateman not only get away with criminal behavior but are straight up encouraged by society. Bateman knows there's something wrong with him and deep down wants to be a decent person but he's being corralled into becoming a psychopath. American Psycho is the anti Crime and Punishment where the criminal is damned and never gets redemption.

Does he even exist then? He could just be a persona that all the identical looking yuppie guys play in their heads.

I like the idea that he did do everything, but nobody notices or cares, paying attention to any of that shit would take away from dinner reservations and comparing business cards. I love the face of his lawyer at the end, just a completely blank expression. It looks like he's looking past him, like what patrick is telling him doesn't even compute

What da ya think about the final convo where its speculated that his lawyer is covering his ass?

Attached: 4trgagt32efw.jpg (640x640, 35.57K)