Why is it the fan theories of this guy ended up being more interesting than what was written for him...

Why is it the fan theories of this guy ended up being more interesting than what was written for him? Was he written to be underwhelming on purpose out of spite?

Attached: Snoke-TLJ.jpg (1750x879, 275.41K)

Is that Lando Calrissian?

Probably not. But once Rian Johnson took over he went out of his way to shit on everything Abrams had come up with.

Spite. JJ was in a huff because his original ideas were all covered by fans and he is all about surprises, no matter ho shit brain stupid they are.

>everything Abrams had come up with
If that’s not the biggest fucking lie I’ve ever heard

>watching Star Wars
>reading fan fiction
>caring one bit about this incel nonsense
Have
>*clap*
Sex.
>*clap*
Incels.
>*clap*

>Was he written to be underwhelming on purpose out of spite?
Yes. Rian Johnson is a hack who thinks that subverting expectations by itself is a good thing, with no regards for what could be satisfying.
Every decision he made for TLJ was like that, and because of it disney has suffered in regaining the masses who turned away from the franchise.
Johnson is a twisted martyr, and I hope disney makes the decision to hire more retards like him and burn their company to the ground.

This.
I hope they release the sequels in a few years with better editing and stuff and they like add in Palpatine cackling or something when he gets killed so we can somewhat pretend it had some sort of continuity planned through the series.

>Posting on Any Forums
Nobody will ever date you chud.

>t. seething incel

Yes, Rian literally confirmed this word-for-word.

Because no matter how retarded they were, fans did actually consider him as a character.
JJ never did when he came up with him, and Jonson continued that tradition

Attached: 1515954116099.jpg (640x892, 304.64K)

JJ is a retard but he probably came up with something. But brings up the point that fans probably figured it out, so the surprise was just not there.

I think one of the absolute biggest flaws of the entire sequel trilogy that no one talks about was having Star Trek fanboys in and on the production crew.

>add in Palpatine cackling or something when he gets killed

Attached: 1644084702726.jpg (650x505, 68.35K)

>Star Trek fanboys
Are they though? I think they care as little about Star Trek as Star Wars. Look at how Kurtzman et al. are actively shitting on ST with STD and grave raping Picard.

Pretty much. With all of JJ's mystery box shit, it causes everyone to think of crazy ideas, but to subvert everyone's expectations he does the opposite of it all and it ends up being lackluster. The same thing went on in Lost for all its run, but that was much better because the writers were just making it up as they went along and they could explain or re-explain anything they wanted.

I don't have an answer but I'll agree that the fan theories were way better and made more sense
>Snoke is the Padawan survivor who asked "Master Skywalker, there are too many of them. What are we going to do?"
>Survive order 66, grow up deformed and loathing Jedi for their betrayal
>Use a promising force user to dismantle any chance of the Jedi reforming
Easy. But no, he's a retarded clone and palpatine never died. God I hate the sequels for their lack of effort

Hey mods why the fuck did you delete my fucking reply????

George released new versions of the OT and arguably made them worse. Great thing is…the sequels could ONLY improve from it.

I wanted him to just be a straight up non-Sith dark force user was just waiting around for the Empire to fall to get away from the stupid Jedi/Sith dynamic.

Even Darth Plagueis would've been better.

That is buttfucking retarded though. Why would slaughtered youngling join knowing who Anakin was and then knowing that is who slaughtered him made the Empire and then form the first order in their image?

having him just be an evil king that kylo usurped was the only correct way to go. he looked stupid, sounded stupid, he wasn't menacing and no one except shills ever gave a fuck about him.
ep 8 was the least bad disney wars