The only film people will remember in 15-20 years

>the only film people will remember in 15-20 years
>ridley scott's late career masterpiece
>zero nominations

Why was The Last Duel so badly snubbed?

Attached: DDE53464-FF93-4C1F-90F6-49BFCB7A3E9E.jpg (540x810, 155.72K)

The Last Duel was a perfect movie just had some problems with the feminism of it.

Poorly cast, poorly edited. I think the cinematographer did a good job though.

It wasn't very good...?

Also, Ben Afleck's performance was enough to erase anything good anyone else in the movie did.

It was off putting and the reasoning for bleaching his hair was lost on me as it was distracting. Damon was very good along with the rest of the cast including Driver

cancel culture and capeshit

The film is top notch in every way, but I feel like the structure of it inherently impacts the sort of deeper thematic content a film needs to be memorable.
It is definitely worth a watch for any kino lovers though

It tells the same damn story 3 times over. They don't really even add any new information each telling. You literally could have cut out like 45 minutes of the damn film with no impact at all.

that's where the structure lets it down. However for your first view you need to be paying attention from the start so you can catch the subtle differences in later versions of the scene. Besides that the film is great in every way. It's not like the film is split into thirds, it gets to the third perspective quick enough before the epic last duel. Also it means you see the rape twice

northman fatigue
this is the last dying bastion of the ''white people movie'' trope
it's over. historical fiction now will only devolve into the hyperreal nauseating social commentary like Don't Look Up or that french movie about the media, or that TV appearance stromae did on the tv news where he slammed some piece about mental illness.
The next step in the media programming is literal reality-bending mind control. They just want people to turn into actual schizos who can't distinguished between fact or fiction anymore.

>The next step in the media programming is literal reality-bending mind control
they're already into that since a long time ago lad

bad marketing, I dismissed it as woke sjw shit but then gave it a shot after the torrent came out. immediately regretted not seeing it in theaters

kino
i
n
o

No one wants to watch third of the movie three times from slightly different angle

This, although at the same time that's what made the ending so great. You get to pick your side and then you actually care who win.

IT'S OBJECTIVELY A SHIT MOVIE

THREE TIMES IN A ROW YOU HAVE TO WATCH THE SAME EVENTS UNFOLD WITH ONLY VERY SLIGHT DIFFERENCES IN DETAIL

THAT'S NOT HOW YOU MAKE A FILM

IT MAKES WATCHING IT FEEL LIKE A CHORE

THAT'S WHY IT FLOPPED

Nah Affleck was the only good part of this preachy digital horse shit.

Nah, I loved that

ALSO THE CASTING IS AWFUL

BEN AFFLECK AS A MEDIEVAL GUY ISN'T BELIEVABLE AT ALL, IT'S NOT POSSIBLE TO TAKE BLONDE AFFLECK SERIOUSLY

MATT DAMON TOO

THEY ARE BOSTON GUYS

NOT MEDIEVAL EUROPEANS

CAST FRENCH ACTORS NEXT TIME! IT'S SET IN FRANCE

It's obvious that Le Gris was a dipshit even from his own perspective.

>THREE TIMES IN A ROW YOU HAVE TO WATCH THE SAME EVENTS UNFOLD WITH ONLY VERY SLIGHT DIFFERENCES IN DETAIL
And the movie removes any ambiguity by telling you the correct perspective with that nonsense involving the title card for the woman's point of view.

but he was innocent

you know why, it was too white

HEY GUYS HOW DO I TURN CAPS LOCK OFF

No, it's just shit

YOU CANT ITS FOREVER THATS WHAT HAPPENED TO ME

there was no rape you twat
are you calling legris a liar?

>ben al flicki and matt damon as knights
I just can't do it

Too long, too repetitive. And yes, the third act was a bit too direct in its message

go back to watch capeshit

matt damon was actually based in this movie
>WHY ARE THEY RUNNING

>perfect movie
>just had some problems

Attached: 1637112874442.jpg (480x362, 15.99K)

Yeah, I don't care. Not watching it.

CONFESS

also the black horse tried to fuck the white horse. pog symbolism

This. It was that faggot Adam Driver though that who ruined everything.

I HATE CAPESHIT

BUT THIS IS AN OBJECTIVELY BAD MOVIE

IT'S JUST AWFUL

YOU DON'T FORCE THE AUDIENCE TO WATCH THE SAME POV THREE TIMES IN A ROW

THAT'S HOW YOU MAKE A FILM FLOP!

>the only film people will remember in 15-20 years
Never heard of it

>Hiring a female screenwriter just for the woke card
The original Damon/Affleck script was probably ten times better and much more nuanced.

Attached: George Pain.png (414x433, 168.11K)

Not enough diversity.

they didn't have niggers back then