What makes Sam Raimi's trilogy so much better ?

What makes Sam Raimi's trilogy so much better ?

Attached: 774897487489.jpg (1920x1200, 284.6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kCd6HLNW3MQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

complete absence of niggers.

Ding ding ding
Fpbp

Attached: DFC4FCB7-834A-4F77-BF31-FBFDFA7C3AD5.png (200x200, 60.79K)

everything has fallen apart after stan sneed died

'If you do a job properly, people don't even know you did it at all' as the saying goes.

I didn't even notice and now I see the light.

The characters have actual personalities and goals outside of being capeshit characters. Sam Raimi is much better director than Marc Webb and Jon Watts. The Raimi trilogy captured that soap opera tone the comics have while ASM is a Rom Com and MCU is a generic quipfest. Also the early 2000’s were comfy

I heard Black-Man was there

Attached: 44F4A741-7BB6-4110-A808-76E0BEE4A3DE.jpg (450x338, 18.8K)

Soul and good chemistry between MJ and Peter

Tobey plays a depressed spider man and I don’t ever see anyone mention this. He blames himself for Uncle Ben’s death, his aunt loses the house and Peter doesn’t realize it until it’s too late, he is very in love with Mary Jane but can’t have her and she keeps being disappointed by him because he either arrives late or doesn’t show up for an event of hers, has strong guilt of “killing” Green Goblin, the father of his friend, he puts himself in a lot of painful hero moments and much more I’m sure I’m forgetting

Marc Webb's movies were factory made by Sony and Jon Watts' movies were factory made by Marvel, but Sam Raimi actually made his movies, despite Sony being the production company.

It doesn't cater to anyone or anything.
It just tells a good story which is self-contained (not focused on teasing sequels and spin-offs), where characters are psychologically and meaningfully fleshed out and where there is no place for shallow emotional manipulation, all the emotion load comes from sincere approach towards the material.
There is also the matter of the films being shot with a lot of style but not to the point where it gets in the way of the story and rather supports it.
Great music, great casting almost all around.
Even special effects are better for the most part (at least in the 2nd and the 3rd film).

He is a good one

Not entirely true

Attached: spider-san based.jpg (936x767, 84.83K)

It was a movie about a superhero rather than a superhero movie (formulaic trash)

You being a kid when it was released

Attached: 1467225633110.jpg (1000x800, 60.96K)

Story focused on Peter Parker and not Iron-man

Scenes like this
youtu.be/kCd6HLNW3MQ

nigga wat

Attached: 1647531047487.gif (498x280, 2.88M)

Macy Gray

Not a nigger. Just a black man.

Tobey Maguire Spiderman vs Tom Holland Iron Boy Jr

SOVL

It really is that "responsible to a fault" from the comics that gives him so much depth. Other Spider-Mans are selfish about the consequences of their double life. "*I* didn't get to fuck MJ," "*I* can't see Gwen anymore," but with Tobey it's "I let MJ down. I broke a promise, I couldn't save Harry's father." And then when he does become selfish (when he quits being Spider-Man in 2) it's still got depth because we know this is more about him wanting things, it's him wanting to hide from his guilt.

Music was a big part as well

Iron Man wasn't even mentioned in No Way Home, and the Avengers was only mentioned once, for a joke where Tobey got to ask, "That's great! What's that?"

That's why NWH was the only good Holland movie (and imo, MCU movie).

Because when movies like X-Men and Spider-Man came out, the concept was still relatively new and hadn't been done to death as all we had up to that point were some Superman and Batman movies and not a gazillion movies for every character under the sun.

I watched the new one. Why did people seethe over the electro part. It's said in such a joking way. After the fact a White person beat him and the fact the black guy was full evil

Infact it was three white kids working together to stop a bigger. A Jew. Sandman wasnt that evil to be honest. Doc Of is more white and he helped. Lizard was....just there.

So why was the black spider man part so rage inducing to people?