What went right?

Attached: file.png (1080x1350, 1.93M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TML15rDOvMs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It being cancelled and forgetten

They kept it bright and colourful and actually adapted some of the more bizarre stuff that Hollywood would typically avoid for being "too weird"

No one will attempt lazy liberal cash grabs in Cowboy Bebop's name for a generation. Kino preserved.

Faye actress raging at incels on Youtube

It was kino

I don't understand why they decided to flip everyone's ethnicities in this show.

>Spike is specifically a caucasian orphan taken in by an asian gang
>show makes him korean
>jet is a light-skinned mutt
>show makes him african-american
>Faye is SEA
>show makes her mexican
I just don't see any reason for casting like this.

The cancellation and the butthurt that followed it.

Attached: 1641491644295.png (1000x873, 1006.39K)

This entire board is just people posting horrible movies or shows and try larping about how it's good.

Because none of it is relevant to the plot so it doesn't matter

>Netflix name on it
>I just don't see any reason
Nigger these are the people who made L black, what the fuck did you expect.

The SF aesthetic was pretty good and true to form.
Shame they couldn’t produce a show to back such up tho.

it's just a very weird arbitrary decision - the original show is already diverse so why did they switch the ethnicities around?

>>Faye is SEA
Way to out yourself faggot

A characters aesthetics are part of the character though. And spikes ethnicity did actually matter for his backstory in the anime.

Higher budget, Faye boobs, coolest spike

Nm thought this was the movie.

Huh?

This.

Nothing.

Ahahahah that pic
>Whore with bad dyejob asks fish monger about discounts

jews hate white people

literally nothing except cancellation in less than a week

Jet's casting was great. He nailed Jet's voice and overall demeanor to the point that I'm fine with the change in race.

The special effects and the dirty, lived in world was well done. The production value was fine, and the sets and effects teams shouldn't be blamed for the bad script.

Unfortunately, thats about where the good things I have to say about the show dry up. Much of the rest of the casting is okay at best or awful at worst. The real shit sandwich is the script, however, which fundamentally fails to understand the characters and story it is adapting. Even ignoring how the show misunderstands Spike, and the weird fucking take on Vicious.... god damnit, lets talk about Gren.

Gren is the original is a minor but important character who serves as an example of just how Vicious sets people up, betrays them, and tosses them away without remorse. He was a soldier and comrade to vicious in the war who gets framed as a spy, sent to a private prison owned by a pharmaceutical company that tests its drugs on the prisoners, and subjected to a host of drugs that fuck with his hormones to the point that he grows breasts and also is undergoing systemic organ failure. His only motivation left is to seek out Vicious and ask why the fuck he did it, what was so important that Gren's life was so thoroughly ruined by it. This is an unfair, horrifying story.

Netflix Bebop turns Gren into the most painfully stereotypical simpering gay nightclub owner ever put to film. Because they wanted to check an LGBT quota checkbox and saw Gren as their opportunity.

Like, holy FUCK. Thats actually disgusting. I don't even have a problem with LGBT representation, but in this case its just vile.

youtube.com/watch?v=TML15rDOvMs

They specifically want to "fix" Gren because they thought it was offensive to troons. There were plenty of articles about it before the show even came out.

Making Spike older fundamentally changes his story. He goes from a young hotshot with disassociative issues following a near-death experience to just an old, sad dude filled with regrets. The entire plot with Julia doesn't WORK if Spike is old enough to be her dad but Vicious is still the same age as her, suddenly its not a love triangle and it just becomes old sad Spike refusing to let go of a woman who is clearly too young for him.

When the fuck did Spike being white ever come up in the original show? The creators of the fucking show say he's Japanese. You're trying so hard to force 'muh whites' into your fucking anime, shut the fuck up dude.

fpbp

So why change it?
Kek.

>The creators of the fucking show say he's Japanese.
No they didn't.
They said that spikes character is based on an actor playing a role of a Japanese detective who spent time in the US.

>When the fuck did Spike being white ever come up in the original show?
There's an entire episode dedicated to Spike having a clearly white doppelganger.

Also cowboy bebop portrayed all races pretty clearly.All Chinese in the cartel looked distinctively Chinese.
Every Asian, or poc looked distinctively that way.

>SPIIIIKE SPEEEGAL?

Attached: image.jpg (2000x997, 284.36K)

>Spike is specifically a caucasian orphan taken in by an asian gang

Literally not in the show.

his name is spike spiegel, not nagasaki hiroshima-chan.

Nothing.
>woke race swap casting
>sets looked highschool stage play tier
>acting was terrible
>the story was terrible
>the changes to characters were even worse
>the music was a letdown
>the entire thing was based on "fixing the original"
canceled after ONE WEEK!
good fucking riddance twitter bebop

Ah, you're a faggot.

>or poc
The more you use their terminology, the more you contribute to normalizing it.

I don't remember Vicious looking that masculine.

>visual appearance in a visual medium isn't relevant to the visual portrayal of the story
You will never be a she

Attached: faye.jpg (1080x1440, 203.04K)

I respect it for trying this. I was quite surprised to see the air combo in the mad Pierrot fight, but it just looked so fucking bad and it's another example of why anime shouldn't be adapted to live action.

On the positive side there were moments where Harold actually portrayed Spikes mannerisms pretty well. Obviously hencouldnt right and the action scenes were shit butnwhen he was talking to Jet I felt like I was watching Spike and Jet talk. Jet was great btw.

Black male line filtered so many people, it's unbelievable. Lighten up.

Fpbp.

>Black male line filtered so many people, it's unbelievable. Lighten up.
If we did the same thing their would be endless outrage. Reminder that the creator of five nights at freddys got chased out of his job because he privately donated to republicans. This is how loq we' have sunk

>none of it is relevant to the plot
Their names aren't relevant to the plot either. Why are they still called Spike, Jet and Faye?