I fucking hate Aaron Sorkin's dialogue

>Characters talk to each other in the middle of a fucking room of people clearly trying to win the day through the argument
>Every character interaction is just them proving how smart they are
>Characters regularly finish each others dialogue, as it they know the point in advanced that the other character will make
>Every person is hyper rational and hopes to defeat the other through wit and intellect
>Everyone is a midwit's idea of what a they think a smart person is like
>Zuckerberg in The Social Network and some of the fags in The Newsroom are the worst examples
>The single worst thing I can think of is this FUCKING speech: youtube.com/watch?v=VyqzPu5pX6U
>Impressive quip, quip, bazinga, closing quip, swell of patriotic music, "oh. my god" from side character to let the audience know how impressed we are suppose to be.
Seriously, this guy has to be the biggest hack ever.
Holy fuck if I never have to watch another Sorkin film again I can die a happy man.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-03-17 at 13-14-22 A5UFFPNEENHATIHDH6AJUHZKTE.jpg (JPEG Image 1200 × 799 pixels).png (1800x1198, 1.9M)

I talk like this in real life

Attached: 1620604646280.jpg (236x236, 11.04K)

Oh yeah, and thanks for reading my blog.

you've been filtered, he is the best writer of his generation. it is incomprehensible to you because it's at least 30 IQ points higher than your brain can handle. stick to Marvel

I like The Social Network but in general I do hate Sorkin, and The Newsroom especially.

The West Wing is basically unwatchable for me.

No one talks like Sorkin thinks they talk.

>newsroom

bascially a shite david mamet.

Having this opinion is essentially heresy, since he wrote The West Wing, which is the leftist Bible

I loved the opening scene to the newsroom when I first watched it 8 years ago. I didn't hate America then. Back then I found it inspiring. Now I hate America but I think that scene is gay, it doesn't even make me mad. Also finding out the main character was a pro gun control republican pissed me off. He's like Orson Scott Card he has all the worst opinions, except at least Card hates fags. Whatever. Does anyone have the scene of the paki making out with the pale art girl in glasses? That shit gave me a huge chub because I hate the idea of Indian men fucking white women so I wanted to jerk off to it but I don't have access to the show anymore and I couldn't find it on YouTube cause it was like a 3 second clip during a montage.

>What makes America the greatest country in the world?
I know it's supposed to be a dumb question but it's still bad writing

My friend tried to make me watch it. First episode
>Death threats from evil christians to abortion loving granddaughter of president
>Evil christians being antisemitic to perfect jewish crossword man
>awful crowbarred speeches on different left wing bugaboos of the day
Just total shit

>smart man talk fast
>grug brain think smart man talk fast cos he smart
>grug think all people that don't like must "not get it" like he did.

Yes I know, it is how they think their politicians are and the incredible strawman guy who hates gay marriage because marrying penguins or whatever he says is exactly how they view Red States. Sorkin has had a worse psychological impact on the smugness of already smug urbanites than anyone in living memory.

He did a guest lecture in my uni once. Talked about how he records himself in the role of one character and has a rambling rant from their perspective. He then does the same thing in another character's body for their reverse argument. His dialogue is a smashup of these recordings usually. Kind of a cheap gimmick that you can very apparently notice once you know what you're looking for. Shatters the glass on every speakable scene of his, so sorry anons, but it'll never be the same again for you.

This is the term, crowbarred. His whole career is take Liberal shibboleth, reinforce it with smarmy smart characters, and then let the viewer know what the right opinion is.

Has anyone ever investigated if Sorkin has CIA connections? This is classic predictive programming, priming the opinions of the masses to conform with those of accepted widely believed in smart NYT reading urban professional class.

This. Once I noticed, I cannot un-see. Fuck I hate this smug prick.

>Nobody has posted it yet
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypsQO3dFiB8

I have my sound off, lemme guess, is a mournful teary eyes bugle playing in the background as the chiselled boomer captain shakes hands with his co-pilot and the stewardess salutes an empty Big Mac wrapper? Fucking hack screenwriter, I swear.

Low IQ "people" very literally cannot comprehend higher speech. It confuses and frustrates them, and they lash out. It's always best to remember that the difference in IQ between a person with a 150 IQ to a person with an Average 100 IQ, is the same difference between an average 100 IQ and the 50 IQ of a Rhesus monkey. That's the gap we're working with here, brother. There can be no higher mutual understanding between these groups.

Attached: 1647401219259.jpg (680x703, 80.28K)

OP here. As a certified galaxy brain, I can say you are totally right. However... there is a difference between understanding the speech and recognising it is meant to *sound* beyond comprehensible, and not understanding in the first place. Sorkin wants his speech to sound cryptic to you, so you think it is 150 IQ and that you must only be 110 IQ.

Sorkin writes dialog like he’s an alien and has never met a real human.

Aaron always comes off like he’s trying to ape Film Noir or Screwball comedies of old Hollywood but he’s not clever enough to really pull it off

Sorkin is a self indulgent hack, but at least his characters use multi-syllable words, coherent sentences lacking Ebonics, and generally orbit around higher ideals. He's one of the last American directors that are even allowed to produce television for the "intellectuals", even if he misses the mark by a wide margin.