He chose....poorly

He chose....poorly.

Attached: 1334502808646.jpg (371x404, 26.22K)

>rewatch this 20 years after
>woman actually fucked indy and his dad
what a SLUT

The Succubus of Germany.

Attached: 1628933619551.png (508x690, 393.26K)

why are people always so eager to start their eternal life?

What did he eat?

Just took sips from the grail every few months

Actually from the novelization he had to drink from it once a day, and the reason he's still old is there were many days over the centuries his spirit faltered and he couldn't bear to drink from it again, any day he didn't drink from it he aged a full year.

no less arbitrary than the rest of religion

>many days
Seems like about 30 days out of 1000 years. Pretty good stats.

Attached: 847169841228430465.jpg (367x500, 26.28K)

So that whole eternal life thing is bullshit
Even if you managed to get it out of the temple you'd have to keep it on you forever, if you ever lost it or had it taken you'd be dead of old age in a couple of months max

Those are some bullshit conditions lol. I thought one chug granted you immortality. With those rules why even bother?

Exactly. Just like opening the Ark and looking inside killed you horribly.

Indy is still old in the fourth film and his father had died of old age, both of them drank from the Grail in this one

Can't be the full story. It's probably more that the knight became dependant on it over time.
After all, Indy and Jones Sr. both drank from it, and they didn't die the next day

Probably one drink from it will heal what ails you at that time but you have to keep drinking it to stay as young as you are and "immortality" doesn't kick in for a while, at which point you're relying on the Grail to stay that way, and what you're staving off will be visited back upon you tenfold if you stop.

>I doth my cap to thee, sir

>maverick???

Well they are handsome men

why didn't he just hand over the artifacts to the Church? instead of guarding them like some decrepit dragon?

This makes the most sense. The grail is a healing item, but it can be exploited to achieve immortality.

He is the Church.

Only the worthy should have the Grail

fountain of youth isn't real and was made up by colonists to cure their impotence

It was sort of shitty for indiana not the take the grail. Now the knight has to keep guarding it so people like Putin don't get it.

>guarding
yeah some old dude can totally stand against modern military lol

old dude with the grail

The Grail is gone, the temple was collapsing. The Knight will die within probably a day or two, his duty complete. It's why he bid farewell to the Joneses.

Attached: grail knight.png (1200x507, 1.28M)

Perhaps you have noticed a recurring theme in the "immortality/unlimited power" vein of legends and folklore. It's almost as if somebody is trying to tell you it's not something you should wish for.

because it's cope
people can't achieve immortality so all this "immortality bad" shit is just sour grape

Spoken exactly like a moron who would kill himself in pursuit of the Grail

If any people could actually achieve immortality irl they would just become an illuminati like organization orchestrating all world developments from the shadows I bet

You type like an annoying faggot and I bullied people like you in school.