Irish Kino thread for St. Patrick’s Day

Irish Kino thread for St. Patrick’s Day

youtube.com/watch?v=edRnxphYs7g

Attached: 8711BE3C-5502-4992-9ECC-0B627F26297B.jpg (350x339, 31.27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JAPEraW6Aok
youtube.com/watch?v=vMiUVgeONF4
youtu.be/AwlIk2O1dV0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: name.jpg (474x675, 52.18K)

*Enhances your kino*

Attached: saoirse (2).jpg (2035x1609, 1.32M)

The Canterbury Tales. It's up on Tubi btw,

youtube.com/watch?v=JAPEraW6Aok

Into The West is the best Irish film

is what I would be saying if it wasn't The Field

Attached: image_2022-03-17_131946.png (970x546, 758.79K)

youtube.com/watch?v=vMiUVgeONF4

I really like her and have since Hannah came out.

I don't even like musicals (not that it's that kind of musical)

Attached: sing-street-poster-2.jpg (1044x783, 168.96K)

who would celebrate being irish. not even just being hateful, they know its a cursed existence

There's this one film where an American boxer kills a guy in the ring accidentally so he goes to live in his grandad's town in ireland and this woman falls in love with her and so he and her father fist fight each other for the last 20 minutes of the film

Attached: -6.jpg (720x528, 20.64K)

The Barrytown trilogy is the ultimate comfy Irish series. I was far too old when I finally realised that The Commitments and The Snapper was actually supposed to be about the same family and that Colm Meaney wasn't just typecast as a dad in Ireland. I'd never even heard of The Van and the only way I could watch it when I did find out was a bad youtube copy, which I've always found strange since the other two airs on tv quite regularly and there's no problem getting DVDs of them.

The very very not loud dude

We're just fine actually.

what are you?

[Peanuts growling]

Attached: 1482097807271.jpg (500x382, 49.75K)

It's a fookin' fairytale movie.

Attached: Ondine.jpg (1350x2000, 408.03K)

likewise

Attached: gleesonandsons.jpg (3000x2400, 631.92K)

Attached: calvary_ver3_xlg.jpg (1013x1500, 239.53K)

>The Guard
Another cracker of an Irish movie right there.

Attached: Cracker.png (221x333, 120.08K)

kek

It's fucking cringe shite that has no identity of its own. Feels like they took elements from American coming of age movies and shoved it into an Irish setting.

I like The Nephew where the son of an Irish girl comes back to Ireland after his mother dies, having to stay with his recalcitrant uncle since he's got no other family after his parents died. He's wears the latest fashion from NYC and acts all American and so stands out like a sore thumb among the rural Irish living on a quiet island, then he gets into trouble with his mother's old love interest played by Pierce Brosnan when he starts hanging out with his daughter and opens up old wounds revolving around his mother, uncle and Pierce Brosnan. I won't post an image because then there'd be an even chance of this thread turning into nothing but forced muh white genocide whining.

youtu.be/AwlIk2O1dV0
Phenomenal film, very sad

Is that the movie where they're talking about fleeing to tir na nog? I remember seeing something like that as a child where there's kids, a horse and tir na nog and it's left nothing but those memories and a feeling of depression.

The pilgrimage is some medieval kino,, it's about anglo Irish monks after the Norman conquest trying to go to Rome and meeting with many hardships.

ye
It's an Irish movie in the early 90s so it is very bleak, as was the state of affairs at the time