How far away is this technology?

How far away is this technology?

Attached: Digital Waifu Technology.jpg (1200x675, 72.77K)

about 27 years away

10 years max

that sex scene gave my boner a boner

2 more centuries 4jjdg

just get a real gf user aint that hard tbf

Degeneracy will not be welcome in our world by 2057.

What will the energy cost on these be versus having an actual woman?

You can't touch her so what's the point? It's as good as a VR headset

He's literally me

Attached: 1523918856674.jpg (1920x1080, 348.56K)

It's easier coding something like this than getting Ana De Armas tier women to enjoy my company.

Her name is Jerk Off Instructions

I forget, was Ana da Armas the default JOI or did K customize her?

She's the big purple hologram ad. Probably the default setting.

Default. The whole point is that K wants her to decide how she wants to look/think/feel

Degeneracy will become an open market for companies to take advantage of and desperate fucks will cave in. All those posts you see on this board that are undercover coom threads, those posters are the customers. They just don't realise yet.

It's possible the ad researched his background before projecting itself.

If he wanted her to choose her appearance it's pretty sad she chose the default.

>The whole point is that K wants her to decide how she wants to look/think/feel
No, that's your interpretation

My interpretation is correct

Most parts required for a full interactive digital human are already there or are close to getting there, but nobody yet took their time to combine them and release it as a product

Interpretations cannot be correct or wrong, the only sure thing is what you see on screen.

> AR holo-girls
> between 2-5 years max
pros : only you see the hologram
cons :
> 1. there is no decentralized AI, there are no methods of customizing this thing (personality, voice, etc) all in one.
> 2. this thing will be very politically correct, i.e. as boring as possible.

Attached: holo.gif (702x600, 1.25M)

>it's pretty sad she chose the default.
She didn't choose anything at the start, K is basically slowly "programming" her to have free will through his interactions with him. At the start of the film JOI says to K that she loves him and he replies that she doesn't have to just say that whenever.

When you buy a JOI she comes as an empty programmed owner pleaser who just does what the owner wants her to do, but K wants her to literally be like a real girl, so through his interactions with him she slowly forms her own identity.

I think you take AI girlfriends a bit too seriously.

Close enough that you will see it come out in your lifetime but far enough away that you will never be able to afford it

> 2. this thing will be very politically correct, i.e. as boring as possible
as if there is not going to be a OpenGF implementation with unlimited customization

K took it seriously, I am merely discussing the film.

>Ana De Armas tier women
No artificial hologram can replace the warmth of a real woman.
>easier coding
This is more like an incel cope to me. Find ya self a real woman, an average girl will fulfill your needs.

A cool thing Villeneuve did in this movie is he told expanded on background and lore about this futuristic world through indirect methods. So they leave minor hints instead of saying directly to your face "Holographic girlfriends are a big business in this future, where corporations take advantage of emotional people".

One example of this is at the beginning where you first meet K and JOI is 'cooking' something in the other room. She complains that she's getting "cabin fever". When you realise later shes just a hologram, it makes you think was that in-world subliminal advertising? Was she programmed to just say that so the K would buy the Emanator from the company? I just thought little details like that made the Bladerunner world in the movie so much more realistic.

Attached: blade-runner-sex.jpg (557x743, 55.82K)

Understanding what you see is an interpretation. Its different for everyone.

> K is basically slowly "programming" her to have free will through his interactions with him.
Shouldnt you put inverted commas around free will instead? If he programmed her to say I love you, is that really free will or is she just listening to his orders?

Exactly. That's why it's wrong to say that "interpretation X is correct".

JOI by Ana de Armas...

No