Can we just pretend Pacific Rim 2 didn't happen and get Del Toro back with the cast of the first one?

Can we just pretend Pacific Rim 2 didn't happen and get Del Toro back with the cast of the first one?

Attached: 12PACIFIC_SPAN-jumbo-v2.jpg (1024x683, 202.04K)

the wee minx got dead in the second one tho ;_;

Outside of a few neat action scenes the 1st one sucked as well

No. The first one sucked too.

Disagree del burrito smuggled a kaiju mecha live action anime through Hollywood. Unequivocally based when you watch it as a B movie with an A* budget.

>Sir, the chinese like robot movies and pacific rim.
>Lets make a sequel and cast the blackest nigger we can find!

GET IT ON BEFORE I DIE
GET IT ON BEFORE I DIE

>Pacific Rim 2 calls Pentecost Jr. and co. 'Jaeger pilots' instead of 'Rangers'
> They give him a shitty generic name like Jake instead of a ridiculous sounding anime one
Into the trash the trash it goes

If jaegers have sex, itd sound like church bells.

>Can we just pretend Pacific Rim 2 didn't happen
Every time I think of Pacific Rim I think this. And I didn't watch the second one because why the fuck would I?

>and get Del Toro back with the cast of the first one?
We know this can't happen. Despite this not being Hollywood but Chinese, the Chinese won't allow someone to un-canon their canon like Hollywood. They practically fired Del Toro and most importantly Travis Beacham, the guy with the vision. And like all businesses you cannot re-hire the guy you fired for fear of them sabotaging the organization out of spite.

We should be happy we got what we got. A jamming theme song and robots punching monsters. It's like Dredd, some millionaires suffered losses but we got something nice out of it and we shouldn't have believed another millionaire was going to step up and not insist on canning those who were "likely" responsible for the failure of the film, the director and screenwriter.

filtered

Still remember watching PR1 in theaters

>every time Gypsy Danger appears a ship horn would sound BWAAAAAAAAAAAM
>Chinese robot looks cool, gets owned in 3 seconds
>Russian robot looks cool, gets owned in 5 seconds
>Ship as baseball bat
>Gypsy Danger flying through the air after getting tossed
>Cat 4 kaiju spreading wings, I almost cried
>GD falling through the atmosphere, landing in a stadium and shaking it off
>Category 5 Kaiju!!!!!
>no forced kiss ending, just two people glad to be alive, conflict is over with no sequelbait

Then the sequel came along
>Niggers
>chinks
>Clint Eastwood's son who can't act

It felt like a slap on the face

Attached: jlaw mad.gif (160x200, 493.43K)

>mfw theme kicks in

Attached: glee-sm_face.jpg (673x696, 59.6K)

GDT has moved on

>Chinese robot looks cool, gets owned in 3 seconds
>Russian robot looks cool, gets owned in 5 seconds

This, also fucking Australia has the most powerful and advanced mech like wtf? It doesn't even have a boomerang weapon? Fuck outta here.

Wheel up the dumptruck full of money and move him back off

>but chinese
Then why that kind of protag if it were under chinese and not hollywood? It was so bad it flopped even in china

I'm into plastic dolls, you see.

Attached: 9dcb576cfb6fd216b37ec52094bfce73.jpg (377x400, 14.29K)

This is the most reddit opinion on this entire website as we speak

I actually thought that part was cool because it really put the heroes on the back foot (plus who cares about russians and chinks). It made GD a true underdog badass, going 1v2 against two Cat 4 kaijus.

it also made the last act truly high stakes, because GD and the Australian jaeger were the last two Jaegers in existence. It's fitting that they were destroyed in the end, in order to save the world.

Then the sequel cheapened it with jaegers popping left and right, even a street urchin could make one!

Del Toro has problems with getting anything off the ground. They tried to make Pacific Rim into a franchise but I don't think it was ever supposed to be a franchise. Just a homage. The niche is taken.

>Despite this not being Hollywood but Chinese, the Chinese won't allow someone to un-canon their canon like Hollywood
2 was so fucking hollywood what the fuck are you on. from the cast, to the plot, to the hamfisted politics that was never even an issue in the first movie. PR2 is as hollywood as most capeshit nowadays

>Del Toro has problems with getting anything off the ground.
because it usually comes down to how much control you want to give to the studio. if you won't budge on that nothing is getting approved for you. hence, shitty sequel del toro wanted nothing to do with.

Attached: Pacific-lads-2d8bafa.jpg (620x413, 51.23K)

What a downgrade that was.