The popular reviews on Letterboxd tells you fucking nothing about the movie itself

The popular reviews on Letterboxd tells you fucking nothing about the movie itself.

Attached: 212340934054.jpg (989x591, 44.43K)

That place has the same post-irony feeling much of Reddit has. Also full of trannies.

Can someone tell me what Letterboxd is? I’ve seen this name and pics tons of times on Any Forums but never understood what it was. What is it?

A website.

it's like twitter for movies.

twitter for psueds

its basically reddit, the movie catalogu, just like tomato garbage.
Why do you need a stranger to tell you how you should feel about a movie or if you should like it or dislike it?

These are fags and phone-watchers who would have me believe Matrix 3 is a 3/5 movie and I will not enjoy it, i'm convinced these people have never experienced a movie in cinema.

What movie?

that karsten kid is the biggest faggot ever
i dunno how he manages to still have such awful taste yet watches so many films from all kinds of directors than most zoomers would ever touch

Attached: el topo.png (670x422, 40.35K)

mean streets
i hope this person becomes a quadriplegic

Lol, I thought it's some recent shit referencing or being called similar to Mean Streets, but those are reviews of the original 1973 film.

it’s quite honestly the most pointless website in the fucking world
>i need to log what i watched
No you don’t. It’s what your brain’s memory system is for.

Yes, the terrible reviews are sorted out from the ones that are worth looking at. This is the rating system working as intended.

RYM unironically has better film reviews than this garbage website

I thank god everyday that the middle age guys on imdb don't do quips in their reviews.

no it doesn't, pic related is the top review on Nolan's memento
RYM is also filled with pseud, the only difference is that trannies are far more common in rym than letterboxd

Attached: Memento (2000) reviews.png (1212x249, 28.96K)

They're not reviews, they're YouTube comments. It's the same with Steam reviews and even sometimes Amazon product reviews; people tap-dancing for likes at the cost of educating or informing a reader.

RYM is full of weebs and retards. It's even worse than letterboxd.

Nah, it's nice seeing how much stuff you watched already and what else is there to experience.

>educating or informing a reader
>movie reviews
fuck off, no one cares for your 10 lines long vapid essay on why a film is good or bad, if I want to find out I'll just go watch it myself, those short comments referencing a scene from the film while making a joke are 100x better than the average Imdb review

>Nah, it's nice seeing how much stuff you watched already and what else is there to experience.
It's a video game mindset. It's why shit like pokemon is so popular. You have those lists of best movies with comments like:
>456/500, I almost completed it!
And similar stuff. For these people it's like completing all spells in a video game.

People chasing likes/clout are useless. They aren't reviewing the movie, they are trying to get likes by reviewing the movie. It's about fake social points or for some of them real money by conforming to the next thing.

Attached: tct.png (866x900, 382.84K)

NPC

edit: thanks for the gold kind stranger!

too many chicks writing lame shit like this and being showered in praise for being so witty and sassy and relatable. slaaaaaaaaaaay!

Attached: 1616841769498.png (893x733, 201.36K)

I hate women

The popular reviews are usually from homos are trannies. Big bias going on

Letterboxd is half quipmakers and the other half are borderline schizophrenics.

Attached: 120309434.jpg (621x470, 57.03K)