Still the king

still the king

Attached: ben-hur.jpg (2001x1694, 3.96M)

why this shit look so cinematic? pure cinema. was it the camera?

Ben-Hur?
I Hardly Know-Hur!

huge elaborate real-time sets with dozens of extras in authentic costumes

e.g. no green screens, no CGI, etc

read the wikipedia articles on the film. very interesting and they just went ALL IN

this film looks incredible, cgi is such a shit

>e.g. no green screens, no CGI, etc
Matte painting retard.

Dune shouldve been on this scale

which is better than green screen and CGI retard

it was the poorly lit gray shit instead, with stock committee actors. mumblecore with big budget

I could be wrong but I think it was one of the earliest technicolor films in panavision/cinemascope?

is there any chance to see this in cinemas?

65mm Technicolor.

Still BTFO everything of today.

It's a special effect used for the same thing CG is today. That's why you're a retard. Also, it isn't better than CG in terms of realism (pic related). It's fine to admire the craftsmanship and all but stop being such a pseud/retard.

Attached: pseud.jpg (1166x578, 161.26K)

it's better than cgi because it's better LIT by default and because it has more details instead of just some obfuscated foggy grayshit

Matte coloring aged way better than CGI dumb fuck nigger.

This. CGI always has the worst fucking lighting. You'd think making something ina. 3D environment where you have 100% control of lighting would make this shit look seamless.

i watched cleopatra yesterday in one sitting. hows that compared to this? i havent seen ben-hur.

Attached: mpv-shot0005.jpg (1920x1080, 256.09K)

>It's a special effect used for the same thing CG is today.

If CG was only used to make backgrounds I wouldn't mind it that much. The problem is they use it for everything including places where practical effects would obviously be better or even as a cheap alternative to on location filming.

Havnt seen Cleopatra but Ben-Hur is a genuine "Epic".

to add, every shot in cleopatra looks amazing and by the looks of it uses the same matte painting technique.

Attached: Alexandria.webm (960x540, 2.83M)