Frankly, I think it's a waste of the concept to give this guy any backstory at all...

Frankly, I think it's a waste of the concept to give this guy any backstory at all, and definitely to have him become a fucking living legend. He shouldn't have a backstory, a motivation, fuck he shouldn't even have a name or be an asylum escapee or anything. Put gloves on his hands, cover him head to toe, make you doubt what's even under the facade. He - or maybe "it" - should just show up like a whirlwind and gut people on Halloween, then vanish. A spectre. The Boogeyman. The Shape.

Attached: Michael-Myers-Sideshow-Statue.jpg (640x426, 19.26K)

Retard

The whole movie is based around the common urban legend of psycho retard escapes from psycho retard jail and stabs people. Supernatural trash is overdone.

For me 1-5 are the canon Michael Myers, he started off as a normal man then slowly turns into something more. Though from the beginning Loomis knows and as Michael goes on surviving bullets and what not, it just keeps confirming Loomis theory.

If he had no backstory then he wouldn’t have had any hype from Loomis you dumb fuck.

That doesn't work for sequels. You can't make 3 sequels without adding any lore at all into it.

>Supernatural trash
I'll give you a hint: there's a reason most horror is supernatural.

Who says it needs sequels? One movie would be all it needs.

Yeah, it's because every wannabe writer wants his slasher to head a franchise, and it's pretty fucking difficult to make a sequel if the killer got shot in the head with a shotgun.
If horrors weren't deeply ridden with sequelitis and didn't feel the need to constantly escalate and escalate, they wouldn't need to be supernatural.

Or it might be because, and I know this seems crazy:

People are afraid of the unknown and unfamiliar, which is what the supernatural is by its very nature.

*casually slaughters a mob of boomers*

supernatural is just scarier man.
removing the supernatural elements quickly changes a horror into a thriller

Okay. Then go watch Halloween 1 for the 90th time and leave everyone else alone.

>People are afraid of the unknown and unfamiliar
then why do they keep rehashing the known and familiar? All that effort can be put into a new psycho slasher who is black and smart. Now that's supernatural

Threads is considered one of the most disturbing movies of all time. Nothing supernatural. Cannibal Holocaust. Nothing supernatural.

nah the whole point of it originally was he was just a guy

Supernatural is cheap horror. Like a jumpscare. It only scares kids and retards.

supernatural stuff isn't real and can't happen in real life therefor it isn't scary at all. I can't imagine some deformed zombified immortal retard with gardening equipment coming to kill me while I'm camping but I can imagine some regular dude stabbing me in the head while I'm out for a walk.

You can insult me all you want but I prefer it to 'oh no an incel with a knife'.

I wasn't insulting you. You must just answer to 'kid' or 'retard' by default, which is entirely on you.

look loser, no one cares that you achieved heightened state full of logical control of fear. GREATEST FEARS ARE IRRATIONAL

Saying it in all caps doesn't make it more true.

Greatest fears are usually pretty rational like claustrophobia and acrophobia and are set in reality. Nobody's greatest fear is a creepy possessed ghost doll on tv, and if they say it is, they're just making it up because they saw it somewhere and think it makes them interesting as a person.

low IQ

This. Everyone's afraid of ghosts until a flesh and blood person is putting a gun to your head. You won't be thinking about zombies when you notice some cartel guys watching you.

No, that just makes YOU irrational and possibly actually schizo.