So did he die or what?

Attached: Ending.jpg (1200x600, 83.99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1x9YACdBUrU
youtu.be/_4jK46fxdNg?t=30213
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no. he just ate onion rings

yes

there was a cut after-credits scene in the final episode where we see Tony bleeding out from a gunshot wound to the chest and he goes "OH! Gabagool! Fuhgeddaboutit, i'm dyin' ova heah!"

I laughed

True story:
I religiously watched this show while it was on air, I watched the final episode and as soon as it ended no credits played, it just went to commercial, or so I thought.
I sat there for a god damned hour and a half watching infomercials thinking “they’re really milking the last few minutes of this show for all it’s worth.”
I had no internet at the time and had to go to the library to use it. I ended up giving up and going to sleep, went to the library after school the next day to check the forums.
I was so pissed to find out that that’s how the show ended.

Yes, fucking obviously he did.

Yeah, the guy behind him(coming out of the bathroom) shot him in the back of the head.

No

When he walks in to the restaurant there is an intensional shot of him noticing himself sitting at the table. everything we see from this moment is Tony's split second fear of what might happen to him. He lives in fear of death, and thats the ending.

Attached: kinoofthehighestorder.jpg (1667x811, 286.81K)

David Chase ran out of ideas, so he stopped The Sopranos around here.

That too.

Chase finally admitted it. Tony got whacked.

>Don't sto-
>Stops
Yeah he died

He never said it directly, but I think there's only one reason why the show ended how it did.

>rewatching the final episodes of the show
>all those little conversations between Paulie and Patsy hinting at them approving of a hit on Tony disguised as New York War talk
Man there’s so many great little things in this series that you don’t pick up on your first viewing.

Attached: 19ECF1D8-2784-4204-ABA6-28ADFDA79FF7.jpg (1280x641, 61.65K)

Prob one of the most depressing endings to any show ever we literally see tony's family grow throughout the show and now its all over shit hits close to home when they all came in separately families soon part ways so do groups of friends and the like yeah they might contact each other now and then but shit it'll never be like it used to be.

Attached: WAAAAAAH.png (672x628, 78.4K)

I heard that after credits scene also had a cameo from Tony Pajamas

Attached: tumblr_mkz2m5FPFa1qd0ilyo1_500.jpg (500x374, 31.64K)

I would watch the saprano's re-done with him as tony

For the longest time, I scoffed at the idea. But after the clusterfuck mess that wasThe Many Saints of Newark, I’m really inclined to agree.
He’s a hack who ran out of ideas so he ended the show.

>tfw seeing Meadow go from an idealistic supporter of justice to a corrupt mob lawyer at the end of the series
>tfw all those random actors added in as new family members by Chase in the last seasons on purpose to show how completely different Tony’s world was becoming
>tfw literally only Paulie and Patsy left in the end out of all the guys we saw over the years

Attached: F49E0F45-B125-4FE2-9E6F-EC4AF944A38A.png (587x531, 261.23K)

The more I watch it the more I think he did and Butch ordered it

I honestly thought it might've been Carmine Jr. He was waaay smarter and had more wisdom than initially let on.

recently he said it directly.
he even talked about how he had an alternate idea for the ending to show where it would show him going into new york (the inverse of the opening credits) to be whacked (the implication being if there are no more episodes he never came back).

youtube.com/watch?v=1x9YACdBUrU

Through the entire ending we see the same series of events over and over again:

> hear the bell
> see Tony
> see Tony's pov

At the end of the scene, we hear the bell, we see Tony, then we see Tony's pov (nothing). He's dead.

The real question is, who shot Tony? My theory? It was Jamal Ginsburg, the Hasidic Homeboy

Members Only Guy all the way, too many hints throughout the season to not point to him.

Interesting thought. It would make a really good mindfuck.

> Members Only

He shoulda called his sponsor before he bought that jacket.

people who lived in NYC said that when it faded to black you could hear a massive "HUH, WHAT?" and then stomping around from every direction. the argument on the howard stern show the morning after was probably one of their best segments ever. it was an hour of
>everyone in the room thinks it's the worst ending ever
>every caller agrees it's the best show ever and the worst ending ever
>artie goes ballistic and starts ranting about how carlo ordered the hit
>whole room goes "CARLO? who the fuck is carlo?"
>artie says "oh you don't know who carlo is... i win this argument by default"
>everyone piles on artie
>ralph calls in during the final minute of discussion
>"LISTEN, I WANT EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU EXCEPT ARTIE TO SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTHS"
>"IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE SHOW THEN DON'T TALK ABOUT IT"
>"IF YOU MISSED AN EPISODE THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP"
>oh ralph jesus christ how are you able to be an asshole on literally every subject?
top-tier radio

youtu.be/_4jK46fxdNg?t=30213