What went wrong with the Kingsman franchise?

Attached: SmartSelect_20220316-120140_Chrome.jpg (1440x1612, 995.76K)

It was always peak Reddit 'smile smugly while adjusting me the and tippeth mine hat' trash

It wasn't meant to be a franchise. It was a pretty good movie that exceeded almost everyone's expectations when it came out.

It didn't need sequels. The first movie was a cute zoomer twist on Bond and it worked as just that. Franchises are the death of any good idea.

they killed off half the characters in the intro of the second movie and focused on another group that came out of nowhere

The church scene should have given you a good idea of who was making this shit

Brit lost their mojo, they can't have James Bond without misogyny.

Vaughn’s dumb ass deciding to cater to the dude weed crowd for the second movie is what fucked it.

Also all of the villains in the second movie basically doing nothing wrong screwed them as well.

The second movie was a lot of “remember this from the first movie?”. It was too afraid to stand in its own. It’s a James Bond film that embraces the crazy shit, no need to be so dour

Not everything is supposed to be a fucking franchise

I couldn't stand the first fucking movie. It was the most reddit fucking thing I've ever seen.

The newest movie was great. Very fun to watch.

It was better than I was expecting but was tonally all over the place. I don't think WW1 was the best setting for what they were going for.

Fuck this board. I like the church scene.

The first movie was really fun the first time watching, every other time watching it has been "heh" and I didn't even consider watching the second one cause it looked like complete trash, there's a third one? Wtf

this

and this

The first one was genuinely excellent. A better Bond movie than the past few Bond movies really. The second one was ok, but significantly less good and overall felt like an unnecessary retread of the same sort of shit as the first one with way shittier villains. And that prequel one from last year just felt like a completely unrelated and incoherent waste of time.

Samuel L Jackson was the best part of the film. Fun agent adventures with a colorful megalomaniac villain is when it's at its best.

You wouldn’t have posted this if it was Saturday lol

A prequel that takes place during WWI. It has fuck all to do with the first two, besides the ending showing the main characters forming The Kingsman agency at the end of the war. It's a tonally inconsistent mess that feels like a bunch of different movies mashed together. The Rasputin shit was obnoxious as fuck, and yet he also probably should have been the main villain since the real main villain was extremely bland and unsatisfying.

Not enough anal.

I thought all of them were complete shit to be honest family.

This. Holy fuck is it both awful and pieces of awesome. Rasputin fag tonguing the dudes leg was fucking revolting. Vomit inducing character through and through. But then you have the trench scene and the unexpected expected death and that was a brilliant gut punch. More awful though, black dude was shit and shoehorned and woman was even worse.

>what went wrong
You can only kill Obama once

Wrong. The correct opinion is they are pretty close to perfect action flicks that have to pay the globohomo piper and those elements hang on it like anchors.

My wife and I tried watching the new one and had to turn it off when the Russian kid was poisoned. It was already extremely stupid up until that point but at that point I had to turn it off and put on Unbreakable starring Bruce Willis. Great movie, holds up.

It was always reddit shit, the original just felt fresh for a little while because it was edgy and fun.