WW2

Just finished this. Romance parts were gay and the characters were not as strong as BoB. The mortar squad was the best group and I missed someone like Winters and Nixon. Overall good show though.
Are the Clint Eastwood movies about Iwo Jima good? In this it was just a romcom episode.

Attached: 91ByjCuBYkL._RI_.jpg (2560x1920, 955.83K)

Letters is good.
Generation Kill is better than Bob and the Pacific.

Sledge’s storyline blows BoB out of the water.

The rest was ok.

Flags of Our Fathers is bad, Letters from Iwo Jima is good

Do the army and marines really hate each other that much just like this show? Like come on just give the marines some fucking stuff so they don’t steal.

Is there any word on the HBO USAAF miniseries?

the real life sledge's book "with the old breed" is a great read

Tis true tis true
BoB is too cinealised (is that the word? unrealistic depictions for the sake of showing an 'epic' story) for my tastes, haven't seen Pacific

>Snafu instead then leaves the train holding his tongue and never speaks to his friends again for 35 years until Sledge released his memoirs

Attached: 1439349398796.jpg (500x521, 66.42K)

I agree with this, everything with Sledge was pure fucking kino

>tfw you have to halfway across the planet and kill a hundred japs for your harlot neighbor to go on a date with you

Attached: tumblr_pk0s7dLjJY1u7tjzdo1_1280.jpg (1280x720, 177.88K)

Maybe I'm a brainlet but I couldn't distinguish all the characters so when someone died or got hurt I didn't know who they were

Sledge was so based the other storylines were weak in comparison. They probably could have edited the show down to 6 or 7 episodes and made it stronger.

Seconding. It’s probably one of the best war diaries.

Anyone else feel like there as some pretty weak CG in this? The sets and locations were amazing but some of the fires and explosions looked like cheap stock effects

I had this exact fucking problem. Besides Leckie, Sledge, Basilone, Chesty and Snafu I couldn't tell who anyone was. It was all a bunch of samey looking white guys. I might have some kind of facial autism though

At least in Band of Brothers I would be like "oh thats the office space guy" or "thats ross from friends"

It's an Apple series now. It's filming or already filmed/

>It's an Apple series now

Attached: 1430655368481.jpg (486x373, 51.47K)

the pacific tried to cram too much shit into a miniseries.

Yeah BoB hits different. The bonding is much more natural and you can feel more dread. While Pacific is more of a America Fuck Yeah Moment with drama.

That being said I have not finished The Pacific yet. Got 2 episodes remaining.

Keep going, ep 9 is the best one