Spend a week in Mexico

>spend a week in Mexico
>best trip of my life
>now feel bad that that so many people on here shit on Mexico
Of course there are very serious social ills that I wish the country would address more effectively, but Mexico has a lot of positives and I think it would be one of the best countries on Earth if it weren't for the crime/corruption

Attached: mexicanflag.jpg (548x314, 70.88K)

I would like to visit Mexico and see their sand cathedrals. I speak a little Spanish and I'm brown, will I fit in?

>it would be one of the best countries on Earth if it weren't for the crime/corruption
I hear it about pretty much every LatAm country. Mexico seems quite cool, I want to visit it one day.

Unironically is Brazil safe for tourists?

I don't think your race would be an issue but you should probably stick to the more touristy parts if it's your first time.
I'm a reel traveler type and I felt the need to go to Cancun city, I wandered around a bit looking for bars and it was actually kind of scary.
Some zoomer was casually walking around with a big ass kitchen and I think he would have stabbed me if I looked at him for more than a split second.
I never felt this way in Ecuador, though I suppose that could happen there too.
There were a shitton of Brazilians at my resort. So many 9/10 big booty Parda Brazilian girls in the pool, I was in heaven
AMLO is the opposite of the kind of guy the CIA would want and things don't seem to be getting much better

Attached: 1644777429195.png (1200x1200, 1.49M)

What's wrong with looking like this?

Also since I'm a semi-pretentious reel traveler type, I thought Cancun would be super lame but I was so wrong about that.
It was so much fun and there were a lot of Mexican people there.
That being said, I want to experience more of reel Mexico next time, so I'll probably go to Mexico City and try to just stay out of the bad parts.
Nope, I'm a pasty white boi and so are my friends.

>I think it would be one of the best countries on Earth if it weren't for the crime/corruption
Those aren't exactly light issues.
Is like saying Italy would be far better without the Mafia. True but fuck if that every changes

Italy is very safe THOUGH

Really? I thought Cancun was utter ass and I felt discriminated against in favor of international tourists, whom they can milk off more money.

Also I remember people on here debating over whether or not Mexico is a reggaeton country
For what it's worth, it seems like even the places that cater to locals play mainly reggaeton and Dembow.
Mexican chicks seem to love Bad Bunny

Really? I'm the kind of person that would say 'ah I would rather go to Merida and Carmen then go to Cancun.

I can be happy just drinking and meeting new people, I befriended a couple from Mexico City and it seemed like they were having a great time.
That being said, the bar scene over there sucks, it's all overpriced clubs for the most part.
I would have liked to check out the nightlife of Cancun city but honestly it doesn't seem to be a big bar city. And seeing a dude walk around with a giant knife in his hand sketched me out.
I never see shit like that even in the worst American ghettos.
Those cities might be more enjoyable than Cancun (I wouldn't know), I'm just saying that Cancun is a shitton of fun if you like drinking and being in the sun.
I want to go to Mexico City next though.

Where do you prefer?

I know I was just making a point about your "but" argument.

True, I never meant to downplay the seriousness of that issue because it is clearly very big.

>Another lat am country gets a compliment
>Costa Rica starts.beggin for attention.

based

cancun is for gringos amigx

>Some zoomer was casually walking around with a big ass kitchen
Damn he must have been pretty strong I'd be scared too.

I will say I enjoyed travel in Mexico City, I thought it was incredibly underrated and fun. Someone I was traveling with got pick pocketed THOUGH.

Heh, like 1/3 of the people there were Latinx
But if you are a gringo, you will unironically have much more in common with other gringos (English speaking ones at least) than Latinos who aren't fluent in English.
I tend to avoid overly touristy shit but I had such a good time drinking in the pool and making new friends.

*Kitchen knife lol.
3 of my friends in Cancun had to bribe the cops when they got caught pissing in public lol.

Did you eat the street food?
I hadn't thought of this because I eat semi-sketchy street food in the US, but I avoided eating street food in Cancun after a local told me to avoid it and reading google reviews filled with gringos complaining of food poisoning

Your disgusting friends should have been beheaded.

You will, most people will think you are a mexican with strong native heritage, I doubt it but just don't mind if you find some fool that calls you a chinese, excuse their stupidity, they can't help it.

The cathedral you MUST visit is the metropolitan cathedral in Mexico city, it is the biggest and oldest in Mexico (although it was finished until 1813) and was also the main cathedral in New Spain.

Attached: img_8777-018901642140067757209.jpg (640x960, 186.29K)

I honestly hate that they piss in public so much, but to be fair Cancun's nightlife area is mostly packed clubs so it's not like you can easily take a piss

I did and I was fine. Unfortunately I got done in when I ate at Trotsky's house. I guess it was for the best because even though I'd been eating a ton I lost a lot of weight.

the southwest is mexico as a develouped country and mexicos future

>comes as a tourist with a lot of money
>woah guys this place is great
fuck off

Texas doesn't feel anything like Mexico to me

how should I come then bro

>a lot
Not really

this place is not great for people that live in it that make 300 dolalrs monthly

t. Paco Hernandez

Nope. Stop being a Any Forumstard

I'm not downplaying Mexico's problems.
But I do believe that the citizens would become much more prosperous if the crime problem was taken care of.