How much do average brazilians know about their own country outside their own region...

how much do average brazilians know about their own country outside their own region...? for example how much does someone from the south know about the north... about the history and present times... how much of a connection do u feel

Attached: 1200px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png (1200x840, 55.82K)

come to brazil and see bro

Not Too much to be honest, people in the north think that the south is a nazi germany and people from the south think that the north is just Mexico

Very little, country is too big.
The problem is that a tiny group of brazilians from a certain state and city try to force their disgusting culture as the default one

I have never left the state of São Paulo in my life but I have a reasonable knowledge about Brazilian history and geography. Most people know basics about other regions like stereotypes, accents, inside jokes, famous people originating from other parts of the country etc. Brazil is fairly homogenous overall and there is little cultural difference from one part to another.

who's correct?

South Brazil said they are not like North Brazil

I've never left my state

Both are right in some points

Not much, and it is mostly based on what they see on TV.

South = civilized and decent
Southeast = decent
The rest = shithole

lmao I love Brazilians.

All I know is the entire country is a massive shithole and needs to be nuked out of existence

i'm from the south and i really enjoy talking with northerners, they really value and preserve their own culture, a thing that is dying here

Love you too bro

how is it dying?

the south is the most euro region in the country, and the more euro you are, the more you don't care about preserving your culture, just look at modern europe, you're even probably a nafri too

I hear there's dinosaurs in Acre. Is that what you mean?

When i talk with people from the north/northeast region they speak how carnaval and regional events are a big thing that reunites their entire family. While here, all we get is weak mix of gaúcho and caipira culture, that is being replaced by the southeastern favela culture

Rio Grande do Sul's economy has been in shambles for years. Santa Catarina is doing pretty well though.

coé mané kkkkkkkkkk

It's kinda shameful to admit but most things I know about life in center-south (southern, southeastern and central-western brazil) have been learnt reading posts made by people from these regions on Any Forums, and other imageboards (but mostly Any Forums's Any Forums), except for São Paulo and Rio obviously because these are the big boys, pretty much the protagonists of the entire country.
Before that, the only things I knew came from the education system, suface level coverage on their history and geography, barely any interaction with anyone from there, barely any knowledge about their history besides the things hat impacted the entire country, barely any knowledge about their culture despite the mainstream stuff.

>dying culture
>being replaced by the southeastern favela culture
The same is happening here too friend, it's truly over.

>Brazil is fairly homogenous overall and there is little cultural difference from one part to another.
like USA?

>southeastern favela culture
you mean northeast?

Sort of, yeah. We have more funny accents than they do though.

no, the whole "favela culture" user is talking about comes from Rio de Janeiro/São Paulo and the rest of the country copies it, it's like atlanta mumble rap culture dominating the entire US for example

>though
>though

Attached: 1642051359544.png (856x662, 28.03K)

There is a huge difference from north to south.
We pretty much only share language.

Brazil is so big from north to south that we are in the north hemisphere and under the tropics at the same time...

who is speaking the truth